This Week in Ma On Shan:
Wow this week has been really crazy. We have six Elders in our apartment. Me and my comp, the Zone Leaders, and two Mandarin Missionaries. This last week for two days my comp, one of the zone leaders and one of the Mandarins were all sick. So me, Elder Storrs (Zone Leader) and Elder Oneil (brand new Mandarin Missionary that just came to Hong Kong) were a threesom companionship for those two days. It was really cool though because while Elder Storrs was teaching this member family , Elder Oneil couldn't understand anything because he's learning Mandarin so I had to translate for him and I realised how much I've actually learned this last move. It was a really simple translation and I can't get all the words but I love seeing the blessing that God gives to us and I know that it's only by his help that I can learn this language.
So we have an investigator, Fei, that on Sunday we challenged to be baptized and he said that he would. I'm so excited for him. He's progressing so much. It's such a miracle how we found him. He just walked into the church one day while we were eating lunch. Miracles do happen everyday.
I love Hong Kong. It's been raining a lot lately but I love it. All our zone just played Soccer in the rain. It was awesome. I love how small Hong Kong is. All the missionaries in the zone live within thirty minutes from everyone. You get to see everyone a lot. Hong Kong is the best mission in the world. =) haha There's a lot of changes going on right now though with the new Mission President. President Chan is awesome and I'm really glad I'll have him for my whole mission.
So just a random fact that I learned over here. The last name Chan in Cantonese is pronounced Chun. And the last name Lee is pronounced Lay, like the Hawaiian flower necklace thing. Oh and Jackie Chan's real name is Shing Loong or something like that. haha Anyway, I love you all and I will write you all next week =)
Love, Elder McAllister
Wow this week has been really crazy. We have six Elders in our apartment. Me and my comp, the Zone Leaders, and two Mandarin Missionaries. This last week for two days my comp, one of the zone leaders and one of the Mandarins were all sick. So me, Elder Storrs (Zone Leader) and Elder Oneil (brand new Mandarin Missionary that just came to Hong Kong) were a threesom companionship for those two days. It was really cool though because while Elder Storrs was teaching this member family , Elder Oneil couldn't understand anything because he's learning Mandarin so I had to translate for him and I realised how much I've actually learned this last move. It was a really simple translation and I can't get all the words but I love seeing the blessing that God gives to us and I know that it's only by his help that I can learn this language.
So we have an investigator, Fei, that on Sunday we challenged to be baptized and he said that he would. I'm so excited for him. He's progressing so much. It's such a miracle how we found him. He just walked into the church one day while we were eating lunch. Miracles do happen everyday.
I love Hong Kong. It's been raining a lot lately but I love it. All our zone just played Soccer in the rain. It was awesome. I love how small Hong Kong is. All the missionaries in the zone live within thirty minutes from everyone. You get to see everyone a lot. Hong Kong is the best mission in the world. =) haha There's a lot of changes going on right now though with the new Mission President. President Chan is awesome and I'm really glad I'll have him for my whole mission.
So just a random fact that I learned over here. The last name Chan in Cantonese is pronounced Chun. And the last name Lee is pronounced Lay, like the Hawaiian flower necklace thing. Oh and Jackie Chan's real name is Shing Loong or something like that. haha Anyway, I love you all and I will write you all next week =)
Love, Elder McAllister





No comments:
Post a Comment