Elder Peter McAllister's Missionary Blog

This blog follows Elder McAllister on his mission to Hong Kong, China. These accounts and activities are taken from his letters and e-mails to his friends and family.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Email: December 24th, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!! How are you all doing? I hope your all having an amazing Christmas! This week has been really fun but really crazy. On Friday we had a combined zone conference. We learned about how not to be too depressed and trunky over Christmas. haha I'm actually not as bad as I though I would be. I mean, I miss family and snow and stuff but honestly I think that I'm getting the real meaning of Christmas out here or at least that's what I'm trying to focus on to keep me from being trunky =) haha I'm actually really excited for tomorrow. It's Christmas so we weren't able to schedule anyone and we didn't really want to ruin people's Christmas so tomorrow we are going to an island (cheung chau) that's in our area that we have to take a boat to get to and go finding. Missionaries haven't been out there for a while because it's kind of a pain to get out there and it takes time but we're both really excited to spend Christmas on an asland and talk to people and share the true meaning of Christmas.

On Tuesday our zone with the international zone went to TST to carol. It was amazing. While we were caroling a couple of guys came up to talk to us to ask who we were and I talked to him and his friend actually started singing with us. It was pretty fun. Today we had out mission Christmas party. The whole mission was there. Each zone did a skit and it was pretty interesting. We had a huge Christmas dinner and had a secret santa present exchange. I got some pretty chill slippers. haha

I'm loving West Point so much! It's so different but I really am coming to love it. I love our investigators and they are all progressing amazing right now.

I love and miss you all! I hope you all have the best Christmas tomorrow! =)

Merry Christmas,
Elder McAllister

No comments:

Post a Comment