Elder Peter McAllister's Missionary Blog

This blog follows Elder McAllister on his mission to Hong Kong, China. These accounts and activities are taken from his letters and e-mails to his friends and family.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

E-Mail: August 6th, 2009

This Week in Ma On Shan:

Hey what's up family? I love Hong Kong. I know I say that in every email but I seriously do! Missionary work is amazing. It's got it's up and downs but if you always look for the miracles that happen everyday you never get discouraged or at least not as much. I've decided to start a miracle book. Everyday I will write one miracle that happened that day and if I ever feel down I can look back on that.

Anyway, this week has been really good. We had our moves calls on Monday. That's when we find out who will move or find out your new companion and stuff like that. So me and Elder Dixon are staying together for at least another move. He's been here so long. This is his 6th move here in Ma On Shan. Today we had moves so everyone was at the temple changing companions and stuff. It was crazy.

So I had a really crazy experience the other day. Our investigator John, who has been an amazing investigator until the last couple weeks, came in and told us that he doesn't know if this is what he wants. He said he didn't want to wast our time and he didn't come for a lesson. So we bore our testimony and told him that we are still here for him if he needs anything. As I bore my testimony I had an amazing experience. I realized what John was about to give up. I know that things I said were true and it really strengthened my testimony. I don't know if that makes sense but I just know these things are true. I know that with all my heart.

Our other really good investigator, Fei, is doing awesome. We've only been teaching him for a week now but by the end of this one were going to challenge him to be baptised. He's already gone with us to a baptism service so he understands it. He's so awesome and progressing very fast.

I'm sorry this week is short. But I love you all. You're all amazing examples to me. I'm out here because of you and your encouragement. I love you all!!!!!!!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment