This Week in West Point:
Hey Family =) How have you all been? I miss you all so much! This week has been really amazing. On Sunday Candy and Keven were confirmed. They invited me to stand in the circle which was really cool. Both blessings were really amazing and I'm really excited for Candy and Keven to continue to progress and grow in the gospel. Something really funny happened last night, I talked to Candy on the phone and she said that the Bishop told her that he wanted to talk to her next Sunday. She asked me what she did wrong and why the Bishop would want to talk to her. She sounded scared. haha I told her she didn't do anything wrong but that the Bishop probably wanted to give her a calling. She sounded even more scared after I told her that. haha
Alison was also baptized on Sunday. We weren't able to make it because right after church we had a member referral that we needed to teach. By the time we got to aberdeen it was already over. Alison is amazing though. I really wish I could have been there. The referral that we taught was really good though. She's only nine years old but she really seems to have interest in the gospel. Her and her twin sister started coming to church a few weeks ago all by themselves. They have relatives that are less active members so that's how they heard about the church but I'm not sure how they knew where it was and stuff. It's really a miracle that they showed up. Next Sunday we are going to start teaching her sister too.
On Monday we taught Mr Leung. He has changed so much in these couple months. He asked us why God confused the languages at the tower of Babel. We were kinda stumped by that because it does cause a little confusion but Elder Hawkins said that having this extra trial helps us to relay on the Lord more. We explained that we don't really know why God chose to confuse the languages but one small blessing that comes to us, especially as missionaries learning Cantonese, is that we put a lot of trust in the Lord and really feel his help and strength. It helps us to stretch and grow. I love teaching Mr Leung because it really strengthens my testimony of these simple things. I never would have thought before to thing of the blessing that come from God confusing the languages but because of Mr Leung I'm realising so many thing that Heavenly Father has done to bless us. I love Mr Leung!!! haha I love you all so much I hope you all have an amazing week! "Ga Yauh" (Cantonese for "keep going" and "don't give up")
Love,
Elder McAllister
Hey Family =) How have you all been? I miss you all so much! This week has been really amazing. On Sunday Candy and Keven were confirmed. They invited me to stand in the circle which was really cool. Both blessings were really amazing and I'm really excited for Candy and Keven to continue to progress and grow in the gospel. Something really funny happened last night, I talked to Candy on the phone and she said that the Bishop told her that he wanted to talk to her next Sunday. She asked me what she did wrong and why the Bishop would want to talk to her. She sounded scared. haha I told her she didn't do anything wrong but that the Bishop probably wanted to give her a calling. She sounded even more scared after I told her that. haha
Alison was also baptized on Sunday. We weren't able to make it because right after church we had a member referral that we needed to teach. By the time we got to aberdeen it was already over. Alison is amazing though. I really wish I could have been there. The referral that we taught was really good though. She's only nine years old but she really seems to have interest in the gospel. Her and her twin sister started coming to church a few weeks ago all by themselves. They have relatives that are less active members so that's how they heard about the church but I'm not sure how they knew where it was and stuff. It's really a miracle that they showed up. Next Sunday we are going to start teaching her sister too.
On Monday we taught Mr Leung. He has changed so much in these couple months. He asked us why God confused the languages at the tower of Babel. We were kinda stumped by that because it does cause a little confusion but Elder Hawkins said that having this extra trial helps us to relay on the Lord more. We explained that we don't really know why God chose to confuse the languages but one small blessing that comes to us, especially as missionaries learning Cantonese, is that we put a lot of trust in the Lord and really feel his help and strength. It helps us to stretch and grow. I love teaching Mr Leung because it really strengthens my testimony of these simple things. I never would have thought before to thing of the blessing that come from God confusing the languages but because of Mr Leung I'm realising so many thing that Heavenly Father has done to bless us. I love Mr Leung!!! haha I love you all so much I hope you all have an amazing week! "Ga Yauh" (Cantonese for "keep going" and "don't give up")
Love,
Elder McAllister





No comments:
Post a Comment