Elder Peter McAllister's Missionary Blog

This blog follows Elder McAllister on his mission to Hong Kong, China. These accounts and activities are taken from his letters and e-mails to his friends and family.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Email: March 18th, 2010

This Week in West Point:

Hey everyone! How was your week? I hope you're all doing good and behaving yourselves. =) This week has been pretty good. We started teaching Candy and Keven the "after baptisms lessons". They are both doing amazing and still progressing amazingly. Keven got the Priesthood on Sunday so I teased him that now he has to go on splits with us. =) haha Candy got her calling too. I don't know what it's called but basically she is responsible for ordering all church materials for the members. Like the Liahona and stuff I guess.

The 9 year old twins that we are teaching are really good too. We got them the Book of Mormon Stories book in Chinese. We used it in our last lesson with them. It's really fun to teach them because after church Sis Lock, in the primary, will gather all the Primary kids together and we teach all of them. I want a primary calling so bad when I get home!!! haha

We taught Mr Leung on Monday! I love him!!! He is so amazing. He taught us some Chinese history that was really interesting. I really want to study Chinese history now! He told us that he wants to help us learn Chinese Characters. I'm really bad at memorizing them so I totally took him up on the offer. We taught him about the Book of Mormon and why God brought forth new scripture and how that if we accept what we already have then God will reveal more. He is becoming more and more accepting every day. I decided that no matter what, that I will be at his baptism. Even if I'm already home, I will come back for it. He is so amazing and I love watching him progress.

I love being here on my mission and I wouldn't trade it for anything! I love and miss you all so much! I hope you have a good week. Remember who you are.

Love, Elder McAllister

No comments:

Post a Comment