This Week in West Point:
Hey Family!!! How are you all doing? How was your week? This week has been really good. On Sunday a member in our ward has his farewell for his mission. It's really weird because everyone in the ward was saying good bye but I just told him I'll see you later. He's going to serve in Hong Kong so I'll see him in just a couple weeks =) haha He brought his non member friend with him to church and we were able to teach him and now he's a new investigator. I love member referrals! It's really hard to find our own investigators so I love it when a member gives us some names.
On Monday we had a member, Brother Kidd, help us teach Mr Leung. Brother Kidd is American and used to serve in Hong Kong a few years ago and now he's married and lives in West Point ward. He's Chinese is almost perfect! Anyway the lesson went amazing. Mr Leung will most likely be coming to church on Sunday =) YES!!! In the lesson he started very clearly that he doesn't believe in God still but as we talked about the feeling of the Holy Ghost he really seemed touched and slowly the spirit is touching him =) After the lesson he taught us more Chinese and Chinese History and he showed us how old ancient characters evolved into the characters they use today. It was really cool. I love Mr Leung.
Last night we taught the Fung Family. Sister Fung was baptised last December before I got here and she's asked us to continue to visit with her and her husband (also a member) every week. We watched the Reflections of Christ video and then we started talking about miracles. We started talking about even the little things in our life are miracles. The spirit was really strong as we watch bared simple testimony about the way the atonement of Jesus Christ has helped us personally and of the small or big miracles that we have seen in our lives. It was really amazing.
Oh I have one funny story =) Last Friday we had a Zone Find in Kuen Tong and I went with Elder Loong. We found thing older couple and talked to them for a little bit just about random stuff. They were really nice. We talked about how crazy the world is today and how there are very little if no morals and a lot of deep stuff like that. They asked how we knew Cantonese and stuff and we explained about how we learned and the God helped us. They opened the Restoration Pamphlet that we have them and asked if we could read. I read the top line (which had some really simple characters in it). After they said that I am worthy to marry their Granddaughter who lives in America =) haha So I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure I just got engaged =) haha Don't worry, I'm still focused.
Anyway I love you all so much! I hope you all have a really good week and lots of miracles. I'll talk to you all next week.
Love, Elder McAllister
Hey Family!!! How are you all doing? How was your week? This week has been really good. On Sunday a member in our ward has his farewell for his mission. It's really weird because everyone in the ward was saying good bye but I just told him I'll see you later. He's going to serve in Hong Kong so I'll see him in just a couple weeks =) haha He brought his non member friend with him to church and we were able to teach him and now he's a new investigator. I love member referrals! It's really hard to find our own investigators so I love it when a member gives us some names.
On Monday we had a member, Brother Kidd, help us teach Mr Leung. Brother Kidd is American and used to serve in Hong Kong a few years ago and now he's married and lives in West Point ward. He's Chinese is almost perfect! Anyway the lesson went amazing. Mr Leung will most likely be coming to church on Sunday =) YES!!! In the lesson he started very clearly that he doesn't believe in God still but as we talked about the feeling of the Holy Ghost he really seemed touched and slowly the spirit is touching him =) After the lesson he taught us more Chinese and Chinese History and he showed us how old ancient characters evolved into the characters they use today. It was really cool. I love Mr Leung.
Last night we taught the Fung Family. Sister Fung was baptised last December before I got here and she's asked us to continue to visit with her and her husband (also a member) every week. We watched the Reflections of Christ video and then we started talking about miracles. We started talking about even the little things in our life are miracles. The spirit was really strong as we watch bared simple testimony about the way the atonement of Jesus Christ has helped us personally and of the small or big miracles that we have seen in our lives. It was really amazing.
Oh I have one funny story =) Last Friday we had a Zone Find in Kuen Tong and I went with Elder Loong. We found thing older couple and talked to them for a little bit just about random stuff. They were really nice. We talked about how crazy the world is today and how there are very little if no morals and a lot of deep stuff like that. They asked how we knew Cantonese and stuff and we explained about how we learned and the God helped us. They opened the Restoration Pamphlet that we have them and asked if we could read. I read the top line (which had some really simple characters in it). After they said that I am worthy to marry their Granddaughter who lives in America =) haha So I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure I just got engaged =) haha Don't worry, I'm still focused.
Anyway I love you all so much! I hope you all have a really good week and lots of miracles. I'll talk to you all next week.
Love, Elder McAllister





No comments:
Post a Comment