Elder Peter McAllister's Missionary Blog

This blog follows Elder McAllister on his mission to Hong Kong, China. These accounts and activities are taken from his letters and e-mails to his friends and family.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Email: March 25th, 2010

This Week in West Point:

Hey family!!! I love you all so much! We just got out of a lesson with Brother Wong (Non-member husband of a member) and we focused it on the Proclamation to the World "The Family". During the lesson I found out that I have a pretty good family =) haha I'm just kidding, you guys are the best!!! =) haha But it really helped me see what things I was blessed with by having the gospel in our family. Bro Wong is the coolest investigator! He has so many questions and impute. The thing that really attracted him to the church was the focus on family. Their family has problems (what family doesn't) and when his wife joined the church a year ago he started to see the blessing that came from the gospel. Mr Leung is amazing!!! We had him read Moroni 10 last week and on Monday he came in with a bunch of verses marked and a lot of question with it. We helped him with all his questions and he is so amazingly humble and accepts everything. When he first walks in you can tell he has some kind of "argument" about what we teach him but once we explain and bear testimony he totally accepts it. It's so funny. I love him so much!

Last Tuesday to Wednesday we had 24 hour exchanges and Elder Harber from my MTC district came with me to West Point. It was really fun. Elder Harper is an amazing missionary. We taught a lot of people on the street. One guy yelled out to me as we were walking by, "Can God help me?" I told him yes and all of a sudden he seemed stunned that we could speak Chinese =) haha We talked to him really quick and then he had to go to work.

Today was our zones Temple Day at 9:00 and we got there at 9:03. We missed the session. It was my fault. I thought we had a lot of time so we took a slower cheaper bus and ended up being late. But it all ended up good enough. Some workers told us that they were short on temple workers today and really needed help with baptisms and confirmations. So we went down and were witnesses for a while and then did some confirmations. One thing that is really cool is that missionaries practically never get to do baptisms in the temple so it was pretty cool. And it was cool because it felt like a temple worker which was a really cool experience. I definitely want to do that with my future wife on our mission =) haha

I love you all so much!! I hope you all have an amazing week. Don't ever forget who you are! =) I'll talk to you next week.

Love, Elder McAllister

No comments:

Post a Comment