FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How are you all? I just had the craziest and coolest week!! President Uchtdorf came on Sunday and we were able to take a picture with him and then he talked to us for a little while. He just picked up his two grandsons who just finished their mission in Taiwan and they were with him. They kept saying how they thought they could speak Chinese but then they came to Hong Kong and didn't understand a word. They speak Mandarin in Taiwan. Anyway, President Uchdtorf talked a lot about how missionaries are assigned and how we are the extended arm of the twelve apostles. He said how they are able to speak to the world but we are able to do it in a much more personal way, "face to face, eye to eye, mouth to ear, person to person, and spirit to spirit." I really liked that quote. Anyway, then he shared his wife's family's conversion (she was also there). He talked about the missionaries that found them and those missionaries later said that the day they found that family was a really hard day for them. They had door after door slammed on them. Then in this last building that has four floors and a few apartments of each floor. They knocked on each and every door with no success. They could have turned around but they kept going and kept knocking until the forth floor, last door. They found President Uchtdorf's wife's family and they were later baptised. Forth floor, last door, or in other words endure to the end. That principle of the gospel never really meant that much to me until I came on my mission. All the amazing people that I have taught on my mission weren't those that I just met but they were those that were on the forth floor, last door. I found them after being rejected and being disappointed and felt down. All Heavenly Father asks for at times like this is to take one more stop, say hello one more time, shake one more hand, knock one more door, smile for one more minute and He will pick you up. He will place someone in my path that needs him just as much as I do. I'm so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. It is the only thing that could ever help me progress. It works. It's so simple but it works!!!
This week we also had a leadership training that was from Monday through Thursday and from nine in the morning to four in the afternoon. That's the crazy part of the week. haha It was really good though. The general authorities came out with a new training program to help missionaries teach more with the spirit. It doesn't replace Preach My Gospel but is all from it. Just a little more specific. If was really good. My teaching is going to be completely different from now on. I really liked it. But that's why I wasn't able to email on Thursday because of training. So today, Friday, is my P-Day. Anyway, I love you all so much. I really do miss you all but sorry I really love Hong Kong =) haha Just kidding. I hope you all have an amazing week.
Love, Elder McAllister
How are you all? I just had the craziest and coolest week!! President Uchtdorf came on Sunday and we were able to take a picture with him and then he talked to us for a little while. He just picked up his two grandsons who just finished their mission in Taiwan and they were with him. They kept saying how they thought they could speak Chinese but then they came to Hong Kong and didn't understand a word. They speak Mandarin in Taiwan. Anyway, President Uchdtorf talked a lot about how missionaries are assigned and how we are the extended arm of the twelve apostles. He said how they are able to speak to the world but we are able to do it in a much more personal way, "face to face, eye to eye, mouth to ear, person to person, and spirit to spirit." I really liked that quote. Anyway, then he shared his wife's family's conversion (she was also there). He talked about the missionaries that found them and those missionaries later said that the day they found that family was a really hard day for them. They had door after door slammed on them. Then in this last building that has four floors and a few apartments of each floor. They knocked on each and every door with no success. They could have turned around but they kept going and kept knocking until the forth floor, last door. They found President Uchtdorf's wife's family and they were later baptised. Forth floor, last door, or in other words endure to the end. That principle of the gospel never really meant that much to me until I came on my mission. All the amazing people that I have taught on my mission weren't those that I just met but they were those that were on the forth floor, last door. I found them after being rejected and being disappointed and felt down. All Heavenly Father asks for at times like this is to take one more stop, say hello one more time, shake one more hand, knock one more door, smile for one more minute and He will pick you up. He will place someone in my path that needs him just as much as I do. I'm so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. It is the only thing that could ever help me progress. It works. It's so simple but it works!!!
This week we also had a leadership training that was from Monday through Thursday and from nine in the morning to four in the afternoon. That's the crazy part of the week. haha It was really good though. The general authorities came out with a new training program to help missionaries teach more with the spirit. It doesn't replace Preach My Gospel but is all from it. Just a little more specific. If was really good. My teaching is going to be completely different from now on. I really liked it. But that's why I wasn't able to email on Thursday because of training. So today, Friday, is my P-Day. Anyway, I love you all so much. I really do miss you all but sorry I really love Hong Kong =) haha Just kidding. I hope you all have an amazing week.
Love, Elder McAllister





No comments:
Post a Comment