Hey is everyone doing? Dad seems pretty excited about hiking Mount Whitney this coming week. I really wish I could be there. He's probably just getting warmed up for when we go again after I'm home sometime =) And everyone will be there =) haha I hope so!
Anyway, this week has been really fun. Last week I'm not sure if I told you that we had a Black Rain Storm. Basically a lot of rain =) Roads turned into rivers. It was really cool =) I took a picture of me standing in the middle of it so you can see how deep it is. I forgot to bring my camera right now but I'll send it next week.
We kinda got stood up a lot this week so Elder Ward has been a little sad. He really wants to make this area go huge and I do too but then all of a sudden something happens. We're trying really hard though. We have a couple investigators that are doing pretty good. One is Gary, and the other is Leslie. They almost have baptism dates. We tried to give Gary one today but he didn't want to accept yet. But he's close =) On Wednesday we did some service as a zone. They call it Maaih Keih. It's where you walk around with a bag that people can put coins in for charity and then you give them a sticker for it. I didn't really like it. It felt like begging for money and I don't think it looked good for missionaries to do it but President Chan really wanted us to do it. It was definitely the strangest thing I've done on my mission. But it was for charity do I guess it's good.
This weekend the Ward is going to have a FHE activity for members and investigators. The missionaries have to preform a talent so me and Elder Ward are going to play the guitar and Elder Illum is going to sing. We're hoping it will be good. Elder Ward just bought a new guitar. They're really cheap out here. Less than 500 Hong Kong dollars (less than 60 American) for a pretty decent one. Elder Ward is way good at the Guitar. He's teaching me some of the songs that he knows. He's a little more up to date with the music than I am =) haha.
Today we also got to pick up our summer missionary. He's from Tai Po Ward and He'll be living and working with us for the next two weeks. He's 16 so just barley qualified for the summer missionary program and his name is Brother Woo. He seems really nice and love to talk. He bore an amazing testimony in our lesson today.
I love all you guys so much. I hope you all have a really good and fun week. Especially dad with hiking Mount Whitney. I'll talk to you soon.
Love Ya,
Elder McAllister
Anyway, this week has been really fun. Last week I'm not sure if I told you that we had a Black Rain Storm. Basically a lot of rain =) Roads turned into rivers. It was really cool =) I took a picture of me standing in the middle of it so you can see how deep it is. I forgot to bring my camera right now but I'll send it next week.
We kinda got stood up a lot this week so Elder Ward has been a little sad. He really wants to make this area go huge and I do too but then all of a sudden something happens. We're trying really hard though. We have a couple investigators that are doing pretty good. One is Gary, and the other is Leslie. They almost have baptism dates. We tried to give Gary one today but he didn't want to accept yet. But he's close =) On Wednesday we did some service as a zone. They call it Maaih Keih. It's where you walk around with a bag that people can put coins in for charity and then you give them a sticker for it. I didn't really like it. It felt like begging for money and I don't think it looked good for missionaries to do it but President Chan really wanted us to do it. It was definitely the strangest thing I've done on my mission. But it was for charity do I guess it's good.
This weekend the Ward is going to have a FHE activity for members and investigators. The missionaries have to preform a talent so me and Elder Ward are going to play the guitar and Elder Illum is going to sing. We're hoping it will be good. Elder Ward just bought a new guitar. They're really cheap out here. Less than 500 Hong Kong dollars (less than 60 American) for a pretty decent one. Elder Ward is way good at the Guitar. He's teaching me some of the songs that he knows. He's a little more up to date with the music than I am =) haha.
Today we also got to pick up our summer missionary. He's from Tai Po Ward and He'll be living and working with us for the next two weeks. He's 16 so just barley qualified for the summer missionary program and his name is Brother Woo. He seems really nice and love to talk. He bore an amazing testimony in our lesson today.
I love all you guys so much. I hope you all have a really good and fun week. Especially dad with hiking Mount Whitney. I'll talk to you soon.
Love Ya,
Elder McAllister





No comments:
Post a Comment