Hey Family. How is everyone doing? This week was way awesome! We had 24 hour exchanges and I went to Tung Chung. It's way nice and quiet out there. A lost different from West Point or TST. On Saturday we had the ward FHE and me and Elder Ward played the guitar and it was pretty awesome. Everyone loved it.
We taught our investigator Leslie on Sunday after church and we found out some trials that she's having right now. She's older but still lives with her parents (it's like that a lot in Hong Kong) but her mom and dad are separated and her mom is giving her a lot of pressure and telling her not to go to church and telling her that we are a cult and stuff like that and telling her that she sucks at making choices. Basically Leslie fell really worthless right now. She cried like the whole lesson. We really tried to comfort her and share scriptures and testimonies. We explained how much she is worth of our Heavenly Father. She felt a little better after the lesson but is a little scared to get baptised right now because of the pressure form her mom. She told us that after her mom dies then she'll get baptised. She's still going to come to church and through that she will be able to have her testimony grow and then she'll know that she needs to be baptised. I'm so grateful to have the gospel in our family so that even though we have our disagreements and what not, we still love and support each other. I really want Leslie to have that.
We found a really old guy the other day and pulled him back to the church and taught him a lesson. He's in his 80s and is really cool. He says that he feels that he failed with his family. We explained how the gospel of Jesus Christ can and will give him a second chance. He's a really humble nice old man. He said that he will come on Sunday. He told us stories from WW2 and the Korean War.
I really love Hong Kong. I couldn't have picked a more awesome place to go on a mission. Heavenly Father wanted me here for a reason and I'm so grateful for that. I love the Hong Kong people. I just wish they wouldn't be so stubborn and use their free agency so much =) haha I love it though. I love and miss all you back home. Always remember your Heavenly Father loves you. Talk to you next week.
Love, Elder McAllister
We taught our investigator Leslie on Sunday after church and we found out some trials that she's having right now. She's older but still lives with her parents (it's like that a lot in Hong Kong) but her mom and dad are separated and her mom is giving her a lot of pressure and telling her not to go to church and telling her that we are a cult and stuff like that and telling her that she sucks at making choices. Basically Leslie fell really worthless right now. She cried like the whole lesson. We really tried to comfort her and share scriptures and testimonies. We explained how much she is worth of our Heavenly Father. She felt a little better after the lesson but is a little scared to get baptised right now because of the pressure form her mom. She told us that after her mom dies then she'll get baptised. She's still going to come to church and through that she will be able to have her testimony grow and then she'll know that she needs to be baptised. I'm so grateful to have the gospel in our family so that even though we have our disagreements and what not, we still love and support each other. I really want Leslie to have that.
We found a really old guy the other day and pulled him back to the church and taught him a lesson. He's in his 80s and is really cool. He says that he feels that he failed with his family. We explained how the gospel of Jesus Christ can and will give him a second chance. He's a really humble nice old man. He said that he will come on Sunday. He told us stories from WW2 and the Korean War.
I really love Hong Kong. I couldn't have picked a more awesome place to go on a mission. Heavenly Father wanted me here for a reason and I'm so grateful for that. I love the Hong Kong people. I just wish they wouldn't be so stubborn and use their free agency so much =) haha I love it though. I love and miss all you back home. Always remember your Heavenly Father loves you. Talk to you next week.
Love, Elder McAllister





No comments:
Post a Comment