Hey Everyone!!!
How are you all doing? We just dropped off our summer missionary at the mission home today and picked a new one up. The new ones name is Brother Yu. He's from Chai Wan Ward on the island. He's really cool but he forgot to shave so we have to go buy him a shaver today =) haha He's cool though.
This week has been really good. I got to do my first baptismal interview this last week. I've done three now. There really fun and it's cool to hear their testimony. The first one that I did talked to me forever about how she's had health problems all her life and it was really hard for me to pull it back to the baptismal questions with out being rude. It was really fun though. I really like doing the baptismal interviews. You get to see the investigator after they've already gone through all the lessons and challenges and they're really humble and glowing. That's like the only thing I like about being district leader. haha
We asked our fairly new investigator, Mandy Chan, after church on Sunday if she has desire to be baptised and follow Jesus Christ's example. She said that she did but very little right now. Before this she's never heard anything about Christ and we didn't want to push her too much but we told her the blessing that will come from gospel and helped her understand why we need to be baptised. Next time we see her we're going to give her a date =) I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! I love being a missionary!!! Besides it give you all the skills you need for when you go home and start dating =) haha Seriously though! After your mission you still have to go "finding" and you still have "potential investigators" and you still have to give "commitments" haha It's totally the same. I love the way the church works =) haha Just kidding. Don't worry I'm focused and not thinking about dating. We just had this conversation the other day in the apartment. haha
Anyway, This week has been really good for us. I'm really excited to be pushing more in the coming weeks in TST. I love you all so much and miss you all. Keep holding the iron rod. Talk to you next week =)
Love, Elder McAllister
How are you all doing? We just dropped off our summer missionary at the mission home today and picked a new one up. The new ones name is Brother Yu. He's from Chai Wan Ward on the island. He's really cool but he forgot to shave so we have to go buy him a shaver today =) haha He's cool though.
This week has been really good. I got to do my first baptismal interview this last week. I've done three now. There really fun and it's cool to hear their testimony. The first one that I did talked to me forever about how she's had health problems all her life and it was really hard for me to pull it back to the baptismal questions with out being rude. It was really fun though. I really like doing the baptismal interviews. You get to see the investigator after they've already gone through all the lessons and challenges and they're really humble and glowing. That's like the only thing I like about being district leader. haha
We asked our fairly new investigator, Mandy Chan, after church on Sunday if she has desire to be baptised and follow Jesus Christ's example. She said that she did but very little right now. Before this she's never heard anything about Christ and we didn't want to push her too much but we told her the blessing that will come from gospel and helped her understand why we need to be baptised. Next time we see her we're going to give her a date =) I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! I love being a missionary!!! Besides it give you all the skills you need for when you go home and start dating =) haha Seriously though! After your mission you still have to go "finding" and you still have "potential investigators" and you still have to give "commitments" haha It's totally the same. I love the way the church works =) haha Just kidding. Don't worry I'm focused and not thinking about dating. We just had this conversation the other day in the apartment. haha
Anyway, This week has been really good for us. I'm really excited to be pushing more in the coming weeks in TST. I love you all so much and miss you all. Keep holding the iron rod. Talk to you next week =)
Love, Elder McAllister





No comments:
Post a Comment