Hey Family!!
How are all of you doing? I love my new area in Tsim Sha Tsui. It's a lot different from the island but I love it a lot. The members are amazing. I've already been changed out twice (change out is when a member feeds you) and one coming up tomorrow =) haha Because I was new. I hate giving talks, especially in Cantonese =) haha But it was okay. The members are really welcoming and really nice. TST (Tsim Sha Tsui) used to be the ward that the AP's used to serve in so the members are used to really diligent missionaries...and then they got me =) haha Just kidding. There used to be eight missionaries serving in this ward. The AP's, Office Elders, another companionship of elders, and a sister companionship. Now there's just four of us, us and another companionship of elders. The mission has shrunk a lot since I got here. When I first got to Hong Kong, there were 150 missionaries and now only 106 (including senior couples). It's pretty crazy! Anyway, I really love the area. I've been slowly getting to know our investigators. Right now we have a boy named Wilson that Elder Ward baptized so we're really trying to work with him and his family. Another investigator that I really like is Joseph. His only struggle is smoking. We're trying to help him out as much as we can. We gave him a goal and a promise that if he reads and prays everyday sincerely and comes to church on Sunday then he will have the faith and strength to quit smoking. I really want to help him. We contacted a former investigator the other day and met with him today and he is really cool. He's so humble and remembers everything that the missionaries taught him before. He's ready to receive the gospel but he just has to work so long hours and he didn't do well in school when he was a kid so he can't find a good job. In Hong Kong schooling and your grades are everything. If you don't have amazing grades then the rest of your life is so tough. Anyway he's life in his 40s or 50s and he really want to earn enough money so he can go back to school in the fall so he can get a better job. So right now he's pretty adamant about working but we're going to try really hard to get him to church.
I love Elder Ward. He is so humble and happy. He loves doing missionary work and he's a good example for me. The other day he had a bad morning (a lesson didn't go so well and some people didn't show up) and then he spent the rest of the day appologizing to me because he wasn't happy. He's so worried about our investigators and he really does love them and wants to help them. A mission is a very different experience. You get to fell the joy and happiness of watching someone grow in the gospel and feel that love for them but then you also joke around saying that we wish people didn't have free agency and that they would just list en to us. haha Anyway I really do love being here. I will forever remember the experiences I've had here and I hope that I can always grow from them. I love you all so much and hope you all have the best week next week.
Love you!
Elder McAllister
How are all of you doing? I love my new area in Tsim Sha Tsui. It's a lot different from the island but I love it a lot. The members are amazing. I've already been changed out twice (change out is when a member feeds you) and one coming up tomorrow =) haha Because I was new. I hate giving talks, especially in Cantonese =) haha But it was okay. The members are really welcoming and really nice. TST (Tsim Sha Tsui) used to be the ward that the AP's used to serve in so the members are used to really diligent missionaries...and then they got me =) haha Just kidding. There used to be eight missionaries serving in this ward. The AP's, Office Elders, another companionship of elders, and a sister companionship. Now there's just four of us, us and another companionship of elders. The mission has shrunk a lot since I got here. When I first got to Hong Kong, there were 150 missionaries and now only 106 (including senior couples). It's pretty crazy! Anyway, I really love the area. I've been slowly getting to know our investigators. Right now we have a boy named Wilson that Elder Ward baptized so we're really trying to work with him and his family. Another investigator that I really like is Joseph. His only struggle is smoking. We're trying to help him out as much as we can. We gave him a goal and a promise that if he reads and prays everyday sincerely and comes to church on Sunday then he will have the faith and strength to quit smoking. I really want to help him. We contacted a former investigator the other day and met with him today and he is really cool. He's so humble and remembers everything that the missionaries taught him before. He's ready to receive the gospel but he just has to work so long hours and he didn't do well in school when he was a kid so he can't find a good job. In Hong Kong schooling and your grades are everything. If you don't have amazing grades then the rest of your life is so tough. Anyway he's life in his 40s or 50s and he really want to earn enough money so he can go back to school in the fall so he can get a better job. So right now he's pretty adamant about working but we're going to try really hard to get him to church.
I love Elder Ward. He is so humble and happy. He loves doing missionary work and he's a good example for me. The other day he had a bad morning (a lesson didn't go so well and some people didn't show up) and then he spent the rest of the day appologizing to me because he wasn't happy. He's so worried about our investigators and he really does love them and wants to help them. A mission is a very different experience. You get to fell the joy and happiness of watching someone grow in the gospel and feel that love for them but then you also joke around saying that we wish people didn't have free agency and that they would just list en to us. haha Anyway I really do love being here. I will forever remember the experiences I've had here and I hope that I can always grow from them. I love you all so much and hope you all have the best week next week.
Love you!
Elder McAllister





No comments:
Post a Comment