Elder Peter McAllister's Missionary Blog

This blog follows Elder McAllister on his mission to Hong Kong, China. These accounts and activities are taken from his letters and e-mails to his friends and family.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Email: October 21st, 2011

Hey FAMILY!!! How are you all doing? How was your week? How is Madelyn? I wish I could be there for the blessing! Take pictures for me. This last week has been amazing!! We now have two investigators with a baptismal date!!! Last week then we went to go teach him we asked we felt to ask him to be baptised and he said yes!!! He has a lot of things that he needs to overcome but I know that with the Lords help that he can do it. After his lesson I asked him to give me his cigarettes and he did. I tried to find a garbage out side his apartment but couldn't find one so I put them in my bag and totally forgot about them until later when getting really to leave the next day I found them in my bag. It felt weird to have them. We just taught him again the other day and he said that he's been smoking less and he reluctantly gave me his almost brand new pack. He pulled out three asking him if he could keep them. I explained that if he doesn't start now by showing faith then he won't be able to over come his addition. He put two of them back in and then after staring at me a little bit put the last one in. haha I love being a missionary! =) He's changing though and it's amazing to see the atonement working in him. He has a long way to go but I know he can do it =)

Our other investigator, Trista, just accepted a baptismal date yesterday. It was pretty interesting though. Our lesson didn't go as well as we wanted and it had it's rough spots but it's okay. She's accepted the date and we learned how we can do better next time. The threesome is a little harder then the last one. Elder Cheng is very quiet but one of the most caring missionaries I've ever met. Elder Wright is still pretty new and doesn't quite have his teaching skills down yet and I talk way to much so it's definitely an interesting threesome. We're working on it though. I'm trying to remember to be humble. =) Threesomes are never easy but in my mission the most miracles happen when in a threesome. It's harder and you have to work harder but it pushes us to do better.

I love you all so much! I'm so grateful for your support and love. I hope you all have a really good week. I love you.

Love, Elder McAllister

No comments:

Post a Comment