Elder Peter McAllister's Missionary Blog

This blog follows Elder McAllister on his mission to Hong Kong, China. These accounts and activities are taken from his letters and e-mails to his friends and family.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Email: October 7th, 2010

Hey! How are you all doing? I miss you all so much! How was General Conference? It doesn't start till this weekend for us. We're all excited about it. I only have one more general conference in Hong Kong after this!!!!!! President Chan hasn't asked me yet what day I want to pick but I'm positive I'm positive I'm going to pick my late date. They moved it back a week though so it'll probably be the beginning of May. I'm not totally sure when yet because the president hasn't asked me. Anyway that's depressing stuff. Let's talk about mission =) haha

This week has been pretty good. It was the first week in the threesome and trying to get to know the Tai Ward and area. We went finding the other day all over Tai Po and Tai Wo to get used to all of it. Last week we also had a couple of the Mandarin Elders come down and go finding with us. I went with Elder Wall. We were walking along the harbor on this bike trial and all of a sudden we heard bag pipes so we had to go find it. It ended up being a girl playing bagpipes and another guy playing the saxophone. Really weird combination. Se we just sat on a chair and clapped when they were over. we went up and talked to them for a little bit. It was really weird because Elder Wall was talking Mandarin with them and I was talking Cantonese. Ever once in a while they would ask me questions in Mandarin and I would just get this blank look on my face like I did when I first got to Hong Kong and didn't understand a word anyone was saying. Anyway it was really cook and I really want to learn how to play the bagpipes now =) haha

I did learn how to play an instrument this week. Our investigator, Trista, knows how to play the Erhu or Yih Wuh in Cantonese. She taught us after a lesson the other day and it was pretty sweet. I'm definitely buying one before I come home. There only a couple hundred Hong Kong dollars which is about 40 American dollars. Anyway I totally want to get one. =)

Trista is one of our best investigators right now. Eric who had the baptismal date for the 23rd called us the other day and said that he wants to go to his old church. We asked if we could see him one more time. He agreed and we taught him the restoration again and watched the dvd and he is willing to try again. =) But we're not sure when he can get baptised yet. Our other investigator, Jimmy, is doing good. He can come to church and will read the scriptures but his mom gets mad at us when we call him because she wants him to do his homework and not talk to us. She's all for letting him come to church though. Anyway, Trista is an investigator from Tai Wo and she kinda reminds me a lot of Mr Leung from West Point but a lot more humble. She's willing to try. She doesn't want a baptismal date yet though. We'll get her though =) haha

There's so much going on here it's hard to say it all in one email. I love it so much though. The work is hard but worth it. The people are amazing and the members. There's a member in Tai Wo that was baptized a couple months ago and she's constantly giving us referrals good ones too. I love the food here, except that I'm getting fat =) haha And I love my companions. I have a picture with all of us and I'll send it to you next week . I love you all so much. I love Hong Kong. One day I hope that me and some of you can come back here and I can show you it all =)

I hope you all have a good week. May the Spirit be with you =)

Love Elder McAllister

No comments:

Post a Comment