Hello Family!!! I miss you all!!! Today was Moves and last Tuesday we had our moves calls. We found out that Elder Morgan and Elder Lamb (Tai Wo) were going to move and me and Elder Cheng (originally Tai Wo) will be companions and they brought in Elder Wright to make us a threesome covering both Tai Po and Tai Wo. Elder Cheng has been serving in Tai Wo for six months now so we were surprised that he stayed but he's really good. He's a bit shy but were all trying to help him out of his shell. He's really humble and will not offend anyone. He always thinks of others first. Elder Wright, our new companion, just came from serving in Tuen Mun. He's originally from...you guessed it. Utah!!! haha Gotta love Utah. He came to Hong Kong with Elder Jolley. I have now been officially companions with three of Elder Jolley's MTC group of six =) Jolley, Ward, and now Wright. And I've gone on 24 hour exchanges with all the other three.
Wright, I hear, is pretty cool. He seems pretty chill and ready to work. His Cantonese is really good. He's only been in Honk Kong for about five months. I think it's so funny to hear how in Spanish speaking missions they become fluent in like three to four months. In our two years we don't get as good as they do in even a couple of week of speaking Spanish. But Chinese is cooler =) haha
This last week has been really good. On Sunday we got one of our new investigators, Eric Ho, to come to church. Eric is a little more quiet but really interested. Last night we gave him a baptismal date for October 23rd. I'm really excited for him!!! And also on Sunday our 11 year old investigator, Jimmy, shows up to church in slacks, shined shoes, and a long sleeve white collared shirt. haha He looked like a stud. We want to get him a tie to top it off =) We are planning to give Jimmy a baptismal date this week. Miracles are just popping up around us.
I love my mission so much!! It's so much fun!! haha The other day it was a couple of minutes to eleven (we're supposed to be in bed at 11 here) and I originally planned on calling our investigator, Eric, to see how his prayers and reading is going but it was getting late and I was tired but when I was getting into bed I felt like I really should call him. It wasn't really strong but just like an idea. Kinda like a guilty feeling, like yea, I should probably do that. I don't know how to describe it but I decided to call him. And I'm REALLY glad that I did. He read a couple verses in the Book of Mormon that he didn't understand and I helped explain it to him and then I talked about the gospel (faith, repentance, baptism, Holy Ghost, and endure to the end) and he told me that he wanted to accept the gospel and follow Christ. So yesterday, when we taught him, we were able to give him a baptismal date. It wasn't something huge or fantastic that made me call and I don't know what would have happened if I didn't call him, maybe nothing but I'm really glad and grateful that I did. It's so amazing to learn how to follow the Spirit. It is exactly a still small voice, a feeling, thought, and idea. The question I used to have though is how do I know if it's the Spirit or just me feeling or thinking those things but it doesn't matter. As Elder Bednar said in a talk in the MTC, "It doesn't matter. Be a good boy, be a good girl, follow the commandments and you cannot go aims." I love the scripture Moroni 10:6. It often gets overlooked but it also answers this same question. I'll make you guys look it up =) haha
I love you all so much. I hope you all have an amazing week and keep the spirit close. I'm praying for all of you. Please keep praying for me =) I love you all!
Love, Elder McAllister
Wright, I hear, is pretty cool. He seems pretty chill and ready to work. His Cantonese is really good. He's only been in Honk Kong for about five months. I think it's so funny to hear how in Spanish speaking missions they become fluent in like three to four months. In our two years we don't get as good as they do in even a couple of week of speaking Spanish. But Chinese is cooler =) haha
This last week has been really good. On Sunday we got one of our new investigators, Eric Ho, to come to church. Eric is a little more quiet but really interested. Last night we gave him a baptismal date for October 23rd. I'm really excited for him!!! And also on Sunday our 11 year old investigator, Jimmy, shows up to church in slacks, shined shoes, and a long sleeve white collared shirt. haha He looked like a stud. We want to get him a tie to top it off =) We are planning to give Jimmy a baptismal date this week. Miracles are just popping up around us.
I love my mission so much!! It's so much fun!! haha The other day it was a couple of minutes to eleven (we're supposed to be in bed at 11 here) and I originally planned on calling our investigator, Eric, to see how his prayers and reading is going but it was getting late and I was tired but when I was getting into bed I felt like I really should call him. It wasn't really strong but just like an idea. Kinda like a guilty feeling, like yea, I should probably do that. I don't know how to describe it but I decided to call him. And I'm REALLY glad that I did. He read a couple verses in the Book of Mormon that he didn't understand and I helped explain it to him and then I talked about the gospel (faith, repentance, baptism, Holy Ghost, and endure to the end) and he told me that he wanted to accept the gospel and follow Christ. So yesterday, when we taught him, we were able to give him a baptismal date. It wasn't something huge or fantastic that made me call and I don't know what would have happened if I didn't call him, maybe nothing but I'm really glad and grateful that I did. It's so amazing to learn how to follow the Spirit. It is exactly a still small voice, a feeling, thought, and idea. The question I used to have though is how do I know if it's the Spirit or just me feeling or thinking those things but it doesn't matter. As Elder Bednar said in a talk in the MTC, "It doesn't matter. Be a good boy, be a good girl, follow the commandments and you cannot go aims." I love the scripture Moroni 10:6. It often gets overlooked but it also answers this same question. I'll make you guys look it up =) haha
I love you all so much. I hope you all have an amazing week and keep the spirit close. I'm praying for all of you. Please keep praying for me =) I love you all!
Love, Elder McAllister





No comments:
Post a Comment