Hey Family!! How are all of you? I'm so tired right now. We went with the zone this morning to hike Lion's Rock again but this time we had to get up at three in the morning because we live further away. It was really cool though because this time there wasn't too many clouds so we could see the sun rise. We've had a few really good miracles happen this week. Last week after emailing (I emailed in the Ho Man Tim library) I left my planner at the library and totally forgot until we got home. It was full of people's numbers and information that we needed. Usually in Hong Kong if you lose something for more than a couple minutes then it's gone. But I was able to call the library the next day and they had it and the TST missionaries were able to get it for me. If we didn't find that planner then we wouldn't be able to teach a couple of the people that we are teaching right now because the only numbers we had for them were in it.
The other day I was on exchanges with my zone leader Elder Preece and we were able to find so many people. It's because he had the ZL power. We were walking on a bike trail that runs along the river and we started walking alongside this kid and started talking to him. First we got to know him and then started to share the gospel with him. We were walking and talking with him for a really long time and we walked with him way outside our area. I figured Heavenly Father wouldn't mind and I had the ZL with me so he's got full jurisdiction. This kid's name was Eric, one of the three Erics that we contacted that night, (everyone in Hong Kong is named Eric) and he was totally interested. We got his number and we're going to teach him later this week.
Finding can be really stressful but really fun sometimes. There's a lot of things to argue about like the heat, humidity, tired, hungry, rain, and whatever else but some of the best memories I have of my mission so far is of finding. The crazy people we meet, the amazing spirit we feel... I'll tell you what, there's nothing better than finding all day and getting totally depressed and sweaty and hot and then coming in contact with someone that totally needs and wants the gospel. It makes up for all those things and then some. I love the scripture, the one that talks about tithing and says that if we obey this commandment then Heavenly Father will open the window of Heaven and pour out a blessing that there will be not room enough to receive it. I believe this is true for all commandments. We had a really cool lesson the other day and we were trying to explain about how to get an answer to prayer and out awesome fellowshipper gave this analogy; Imagine you have a tennis ball and a wall in front of you and you throw that ball at the wall. The harder you throw the harder it'll bounce back. Also the weaker you throw the ball the weaker it'll bounce back. Commandments are almost the same. The more willingness, sincerity and effort we put into following the commandments the bigger the blessings is that comes back. But the only difference is that what comes back is honestly much more then we deserve, or so great that there will not be enough room to receive it.
I know that our Heavenly Father loves each and every one of us, His children. He knows what we go through in this life and has provided His Son, Jesus Christ and His Atonement to help us overcome those challenges. I'm so grateful for my Savior. I know that he lives. I know that this is His work. I love the story by President Uchtdorf about the statue of Jesus Christ and his hands being broken off in the war and afterwards the people engraved "we are His hands." I hope and pray that I can better be the hands of the Savior in this small part of the world. I love the people here and I love this area and all of Hong Kong. I love you all so much too! I hope that you will all have a good week. Always remember that the church is true =)
Love, Elder McAllister
The other day I was on exchanges with my zone leader Elder Preece and we were able to find so many people. It's because he had the ZL power. We were walking on a bike trail that runs along the river and we started walking alongside this kid and started talking to him. First we got to know him and then started to share the gospel with him. We were walking and talking with him for a really long time and we walked with him way outside our area. I figured Heavenly Father wouldn't mind and I had the ZL with me so he's got full jurisdiction. This kid's name was Eric, one of the three Erics that we contacted that night, (everyone in Hong Kong is named Eric) and he was totally interested. We got his number and we're going to teach him later this week.
Finding can be really stressful but really fun sometimes. There's a lot of things to argue about like the heat, humidity, tired, hungry, rain, and whatever else but some of the best memories I have of my mission so far is of finding. The crazy people we meet, the amazing spirit we feel... I'll tell you what, there's nothing better than finding all day and getting totally depressed and sweaty and hot and then coming in contact with someone that totally needs and wants the gospel. It makes up for all those things and then some. I love the scripture, the one that talks about tithing and says that if we obey this commandment then Heavenly Father will open the window of Heaven and pour out a blessing that there will be not room enough to receive it. I believe this is true for all commandments. We had a really cool lesson the other day and we were trying to explain about how to get an answer to prayer and out awesome fellowshipper gave this analogy; Imagine you have a tennis ball and a wall in front of you and you throw that ball at the wall. The harder you throw the harder it'll bounce back. Also the weaker you throw the ball the weaker it'll bounce back. Commandments are almost the same. The more willingness, sincerity and effort we put into following the commandments the bigger the blessings is that comes back. But the only difference is that what comes back is honestly much more then we deserve, or so great that there will not be enough room to receive it.
I know that our Heavenly Father loves each and every one of us, His children. He knows what we go through in this life and has provided His Son, Jesus Christ and His Atonement to help us overcome those challenges. I'm so grateful for my Savior. I know that he lives. I know that this is His work. I love the story by President Uchtdorf about the statue of Jesus Christ and his hands being broken off in the war and afterwards the people engraved "we are His hands." I hope and pray that I can better be the hands of the Savior in this small part of the world. I love the people here and I love this area and all of Hong Kong. I love you all so much too! I hope that you will all have a good week. Always remember that the church is true =)
Love, Elder McAllister





No comments:
Post a Comment