Elder Peter McAllister's Missionary Blog

This blog follows Elder McAllister on his mission to Hong Kong, China. These accounts and activities are taken from his letters and e-mails to his friends and family.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Email: September 24th, 2010 and New Pictures

Hey Family!!! How have you been? This week has been really good for us. Last Saturday we put on a mission activity for the Young Men and Young Women. We had a little sharing and then we took them out to go finding with us and to visit some less active members. It was way fun and I hope it was good for the YM and YW. I would love to have a calling in the YM when I get home. That would be so much fun.

After we went on exchanges with the Tai Wo Elders and I
went with Elder Lamb to visit one of their recent converts that literally live up in the middle of nowhere. It took almost two hours to walk (HIKE) to his house =) haha I send a couple pictures of his village and house. He's a 97 year old man and live way out there and I have no idea how he survives. There are other people living in the village that I'm sure take care of him but it's just so much different from the rest of Hong Kong life. I also attached a picture of when we went to the Korean BBQ a couple of weeks ago. Elder Morgan is the one sniffing the hundred dollar bill =) haha That's my comp =) Mom I'm so sorry I forgot to take the one of the church. I promise I will next week =) So Sorry.

This week we also had the leadership training that we had last moves which was really good. We got hammered on how to be a better missionary. =) Tonight we are going to celebrate one of our investigators 12th birthday =) We're going to make cookies with him and then teach him and his mom a lesson. And then we have English class and play basketball =) Every Friday we have English class and play basketball. I love you all so much. I hope you all can have a really good week this week and make sure to behave yourselves =)

Love, Elder McAllister

No comments:

Post a Comment