Hey Family!!! How are you all doing? Sorry last week I couldn't send personal emails to everyone. I ran out of time. But I'll catch up today =)
This week has been pretty good. A lot of tough days though. We've bad a lot of new investigators that we scheduled not show up to the lesson and we've had to go finding a lot. It's been really hot and humid lately so it's pretty tough to go out but hopefully Heavenly Father will bless me with losing weight =) haha I haven't gained or lost since being in Hong Kong. I really want to lose weight but Chinese food always has a lot of grease in everything, that and I need to work out more =)
Anyway, This week has also had some good parts. We had four investigators show up to church and some of them brought their kids. It was so awesome!!! Church started and none of our investigators were there so we were pretty sad but then slowly one by one some of them started walking in. They were all people that we met on the street before but haven't actually sat down and had a lesson with but we just invited them to come to church and the ward members did amazing at fellowshiping and rescheduling them for us. I really like Tai Po ward. It's smaller then West Point ward. West Point had about 80 active members and Tai Po has 60 but on a good day 70 to 80. So it's really small but just like West Point it's like a big family =) So I really like it. Our ward mission leader is awesome. He looks exactly like dopey off of Snow White =) haha He's just a really old guy but really cool and helps us out a lot. And makes us Tong Seui (I have no idea what that means in English but it's kind of a sweet soup). Yesterday while me and Elder Morgan were finding in front of the church we pulled a guy into the church from off the street. We taught him lesson one and it went pretty good. He spoke really really fast and loud Chinese so we were barely able to communicate and it was kind of hard to feel the spirit. So me and Elder Morgan tried to talk really slow and quiet and by the end of the lesson he wasn't yelling so much and was mostly talking slow. It was really cool when I bore my testimony about my family (AKA ALL OF YOU) and you could really feel the spirit and he started to get a little teary eyed. I've only seen a couple of Hong Kong people cry. It's really amazing how when I look back on why I came on a mission and I see all the blessing that came from it, learning a new language, learning patience, discipline, my English getting destroyed, seeing people lives change, these are all blessings that come from serving a mission but not why I came out. It's because of my family. Because of the blessings that the gospel has brought to our family. After Grandpa Ki passed away I had a strong confirmation that the plan of salvation was and is true. I've seen and felt what the Sacrifice and gospel of Jesus Christ can do especially for a family and I knew that because of Him I can see not only Grandpa Ki again but that we all can live together forever. I came here because I love my Savior Jesus Christ and what he has done for my family. I love you all so much and miss you. I love Hong Kong and I don't want to leave it. I realized that other day that my time is getting shorter and it's scarring me. I'm praying that Heavenly Father will slow time down for me =) haha I hope you all have an amazing week. Don't forget...The Church is True =)
Love, Elder McAllister
This week has been pretty good. A lot of tough days though. We've bad a lot of new investigators that we scheduled not show up to the lesson and we've had to go finding a lot. It's been really hot and humid lately so it's pretty tough to go out but hopefully Heavenly Father will bless me with losing weight =) haha I haven't gained or lost since being in Hong Kong. I really want to lose weight but Chinese food always has a lot of grease in everything, that and I need to work out more =)
Anyway, This week has also had some good parts. We had four investigators show up to church and some of them brought their kids. It was so awesome!!! Church started and none of our investigators were there so we were pretty sad but then slowly one by one some of them started walking in. They were all people that we met on the street before but haven't actually sat down and had a lesson with but we just invited them to come to church and the ward members did amazing at fellowshiping and rescheduling them for us. I really like Tai Po ward. It's smaller then West Point ward. West Point had about 80 active members and Tai Po has 60 but on a good day 70 to 80. So it's really small but just like West Point it's like a big family =) So I really like it. Our ward mission leader is awesome. He looks exactly like dopey off of Snow White =) haha He's just a really old guy but really cool and helps us out a lot. And makes us Tong Seui (I have no idea what that means in English but it's kind of a sweet soup). Yesterday while me and Elder Morgan were finding in front of the church we pulled a guy into the church from off the street. We taught him lesson one and it went pretty good. He spoke really really fast and loud Chinese so we were barely able to communicate and it was kind of hard to feel the spirit. So me and Elder Morgan tried to talk really slow and quiet and by the end of the lesson he wasn't yelling so much and was mostly talking slow. It was really cool when I bore my testimony about my family (AKA ALL OF YOU) and you could really feel the spirit and he started to get a little teary eyed. I've only seen a couple of Hong Kong people cry. It's really amazing how when I look back on why I came on a mission and I see all the blessing that came from it, learning a new language, learning patience, discipline, my English getting destroyed, seeing people lives change, these are all blessings that come from serving a mission but not why I came out. It's because of my family. Because of the blessings that the gospel has brought to our family. After Grandpa Ki passed away I had a strong confirmation that the plan of salvation was and is true. I've seen and felt what the Sacrifice and gospel of Jesus Christ can do especially for a family and I knew that because of Him I can see not only Grandpa Ki again but that we all can live together forever. I came here because I love my Savior Jesus Christ and what he has done for my family. I love you all so much and miss you. I love Hong Kong and I don't want to leave it. I realized that other day that my time is getting shorter and it's scarring me. I'm praying that Heavenly Father will slow time down for me =) haha I hope you all have an amazing week. Don't forget...The Church is True =)
Love, Elder McAllister





No comments:
Post a Comment