Hey FAMILY!!!!! Today was pretty crazy but to put it short we were almost attacked by monkeys =) haha It was way fun!!! Anyway I'll get to that later. How are you guys? What are your plans for Halloween? I miss American Halloween. I don't even know if I can spell it right =) haha But yea Halloween in Hong Kong is really simple. I'm pretty sure I told you about it last year. Tai Po and Tai Wo aren't really celebrating it this year. Just Tai Po is having a BBQ thing with the young men and women. Trista, out investigator is going to go to it even though she is 20 and not even in the Tai Po ward area. For the last few weeks she had to work on Sunday morning and couldn't go to the Tai Wo Sacrament Meeting (Tai Wo 9:00am and Tai Po 2:00pm) so she has just been going to the Tai Po Ward. And the Tai Po ward loves her. We're trying to figure out how to get her back to Tai Wo. But anyway right now it's the gospel she needs it doesn't really matter where yet. Anyway the young women's in Tai Po ward really love her and invited her to the BBQ. I'm almost positive that after she's baptised she'll be a Young Women's teacher or something.
Bro Yeung is doing really good too. Still has a smoking problem but slowly working on it. Last week we have him a commitment to not buy cigarettes for just a day and then after that it would be up to him. He agreed and did it. This week we asked him to do it for two days and then after that it's up to him to decide. This was Elder Wright's idea and it's really working so far. Just to slowly help him quit. He let us know something last time that really let us know more of his concern. We already knew that both his parents have already passed away but this last time he told us that his mom committed suicide or something like that. (it was hard to understand his Cantonese) he told us that before in his life that he did worse things and worse drugs. He said that he feels like what he did influence his mom. He feels responsible I think for what happened to his mom. We really tried to explain the atonement and that both his parents love him and want him to be happy. It didn't seem to really help him. We're really praying for him and really trying to figure out what to teach him next. We're also looking for a fellowshipper to help him and be his friend. He told us that he knows that if he gets baptised that his life will be better with the gospel. He just needs to keep the desire to change.
We taught Trista yesterday some of the commandments and it went amazing. She said in the closing prayer that she really feels the spirit and know that what we shared with her are true. AMAZING!!!! We might even try to move her date to the 13th of Nov. Right now it's for the 20 but we will see. As long as she gets baptised!! =) There's lots of miracles happening but it's still hard but we're trying to keep working. The hard times mike the good times even better! =) We're also trying to find some new golden investigators so that when Bro Leung and Trista get baptised we still have someone to teach. After Candy and Keven were baptised on the island we didn't have any other investigators that were progressing and that was hard. So we really want to always be looking for others to teach.
So yea, about the monkey thing. This morning we went to a place called monkey mountain. There's just a lot of monkeys! We originally planned to do our emails a little later today but because they were already booked we had to come here so I didn't have a chance to go home first to get the cable to send you some pictures but I will for sure next week. I got a couple of the monkeys getting down ready to jump on us. They kinda look like baboons but uglier =) haha One of the big ones got mad at me and yelling at me and wasn't really scared of the stick that I had. It was a little scary =) Anyway I'll send pictures next week.
I love you all. I hope you have a good week this week and have fun for Halloween. Don't do anything too crazy. I love you guys!!! =)
Love Elder McAllister
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment