Elder Peter McAllister's Missionary Blog

This blog follows Elder McAllister on his mission to Hong Kong, China. These accounts and activities are taken from his letters and e-mails to his friends and family.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Email: November 11th, 2010

Hey Family!!! How was your week? Our was pretty good. We just called to repentance yesterday by President Perkins of the 70. He came to tour our mission yesterday. It was really cool and I learned a lot. He told everyone to write down two questions that we might have and then promised us that during the meeting we would have both of those questions answered. It was amazing!! He told us that revelation starts with asking a question. All revelation in the D&C are because someone asked a question. In the bible and the Book of Mormon when there was revelation it was because someone asked a question. Anyway, he really wanted us to understand that power of asking questions. So I decided that I'm going to start writing down more questions and just during the day, teaching appointments, sacrament meetings, and whatever I'll think about them and pray about them and then I'll be able to find the answers. So COOL!!! I love revelation! =) Yesterday's meeting was seriously amazing with President Perkins. We had a testimony meeting and we all got to bear our testimonies. He also told us that we aren't talking about the restoration enough. And it's true. Sometimes on the street or in lessons it's not brought up as important or as strong as it should be. He taught us how we could do better. It was really cool. We all felt the spirit a lot yesterday.

This week we haven't seen Trusta yest but we will tomorrow. We're really excited for her baptism next Saturday on the 20th!!! Bro Yeung is doing a lot better! He's been smoking less and next time we go we're going to give him the week long quit smoking plan. HE'S GOTTA MAKE IT!!!!!!! I really want him to make it. He's such a nice guy and we really love him a lot.

Last Saturday something crazy happened. We took one of our investigators to see the temple. It was amazing. We went into the waiting room and had someone from the temple come down and explain everything that goes on inside the temple and stuff. It was really good. And there's a new chapel build across from the temple and we took him there to tour it. It was a really good day but then something crazy happened. We were at the train station to go back to Tai Po and we hear a girl a few yards away from us, in her 20's, kinda screaming. They were a family from India or something. Anyway she walked up to the edge of the platform and we were just like what is she doing. And then she jumped down and laid down on the tracks screaming I want to die. We were all in shock. Her father jumped down to get her back up. We went to try to help him back up after he got his daughter back up but there were a bunch of people around him pulling him up before we got to him. The whole time the girl was just screaming I want to die, I want to die. And there were a bunch of people holding her down so she wouldn't try again. Finally some of the workers got there and helped out. It was really crazy. I couldn't even think of what to say to our investigator on the train ride back to Tai Po. That was the first time I've ever seen someone try to commit suicide. I just feel really grateful that our family has the Gospel. But that experience really helped me realize that importance of what we're doing here in Hong Kong. I've lived in a bubble and I got a wide view of what the world is without the Gospel, without hope. I am so grateful for what we have in our family!! I'm so grateful for a Loving Heavenly Father that knows and cares about each and everyone of his children. I'm so grateful that I have the opportunity to share this Gospel, This Perfect Brightness of Hope that it talks about in 2 Nephi 32, with the people of Hong Kong. I love you all so much!!! I love every minute of being here in Hong Kong and the time that I have to share what I know to be true. Thank you for all your love and examples that you've been for me. I hope you all have a good week.

Love Elder McAllister

No comments:

Post a Comment