Elder Peter McAllister's Missionary Blog

This blog follows Elder McAllister on his mission to Hong Kong, China. These accounts and activities are taken from his letters and e-mails to his friends and family.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Email: December 30th, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! =) How are you guys?!?! It was so awesome to be able to talk to all of you on Christmas!!!! I hope you all had a good Christmas. On Christmas night for us we went to a members brother's house who isn't a member and had dinner with them. They have a little interest in the gospel and hopefully we can start teaching them soon. Oh, by the way, I moved!!! I'm not in Tai Wo anymore =( They moved me to Tai Wai but I'm going to be living in Mong Kok in my old TST apartment. Really crazy but I'm way excited! My new Companion is Elder Dastrup who is also from Elder Jolley's MTC group. I'm still in the Tolo Harbour zone but just in a different district.

This last Sunday and yesterday we had a pretty amazing miracle happen. On Sunday a recent convert, Rita, took us over to her brothers house after church and we started to teach him for the first time. He used to hang around a bad crowd and has done a lot of drugs and this weekend he is going to rehab but he seemed so humble. Rita's whole family are not members and they have a lot of problems. Rita's mom is always worried about her children but after seeing Rita change after learning about the church a few months ago she started to be interested. And after we taught Rita's brother, that night they had dinner together as a family and Rita's mom was in shock with the change in her son, just after one lesson. Rita told us that her mom cried because she was so happy. And then yesterday Rita was able to bring her mom and brother to a lesson and when Rita said the opening prayer she couldn't stop crying because she was so happy that her family was finally there listening to the gospel. Her family gives her a lot of pressure and she's been under a lot of stress lately but she knows that the gospel can and will change them. It was so awesome to see it though and to feel the spirit there in that room. I wish i could stay there to continue teaching them but I know that I need to be here in Tai Wai right now. I love you all so much. I'll give you more of an update next week after i get settled. I love you all!!!!!!


Love, Elder McAllister

No comments:

Post a Comment