Hey Family!!!!!! How are all of you? This last week has been one of the most stressful on my mission. We're getting ready for Trista's Baptism this Saturday. She's been going to Tai Po ward but she actually belongs to Tai Wo ward but she says she doesn't want to go there because she doesn't know anyone. Anyway we're trying to figure it all out with the bishops. But the most important thing is that she's GETTING BAPTIZED!!!!! Saturday at 2:30pm!!!!! So excited! We had a really good lesson with her yesterday. we read the conversion of Alma the younger story in Alma 36. We explained to her that Heavenly Father would always be there for her. That even though it might be awkward to go to Tai Wo but that Heavenly Father would be there for her and help her though it. Right now she'll be baptized in Tai Po but eventually she has to go back to Tai Wo. Really confusing. haha Anyway
So this week is moves week. We just found out that they would split Tai Po and Tai Wo back up into two companionships. Elder Cheng moved to open a new area in Chyun Wan so I'm really going to miss him. Elder Wright is going to be covering Tai Po ward with Elder Lee and I will be covering Tai Wo with Elder Dodd. Elder Dodd came to Hong Kong with Elder Jolley. I lived with him on the island so I'm really excited to be working with him this next moves.
Other then getting ready for the baptism we've still been trying to help out our other investigators. We have one right now that has very little if no interest in the gospel. He only wants to learn English. But last night we had a really Really REALLY good lesson with him. We watched the touch of the masters hand (one of the FHE videos) in English and discussed it in English. And as we were discussing it we started taking it more into a gospel discussion. It was amazing how we all knew what and how to say everything to him. He is a very logical man and he asked me a question. He is having trouble at work and he asked me what would i do if i was in his shoes. would i quit or just endure it. I told him i don't think he would like my answer. He thought that it would be a regular logical answer like yea you should quit or just get over it. I told him that I would pray and ask our Heavenly Father for guidance. He kind of just rolled his eyes like oh yea that's what any christian would say. Then we started talking about prayer, what it really is. That it's not just something we do because everyone else is or because it's just what we're taught to do but that it really is a conversation with our Heavenly Father who loves us so much. We asked him if he's ever prayed before. He said ya. Then i asked him if he has REALLY prayed before. He said there's no way to say if he's really prayed before. And then, like as if it were heaven sent, my phone started vibrating in my pocket and i got an idea or as Elder Wright says, inspiration. I pulled the phone out of my pocket and told him that i can yell and talk into this phone all i want but it's not going to do any good. Unless I type in a number and believe that someone on the other side will answer and then I can have a conversation with that person. We can say prayers all we want, we can yell, scream, talk all we want but it's all useless, until we learn to pray, really pray and show that faith in our Heavenly Father that He will hear us and answer us. Our investigator just sat there. We asked him to pray and showed him how. IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! Elder Cheng, who has been teaching him forever, said that's the first time he's seen him pray. I LOVE THE SPIRIT!!!!!!! It's so powerful!!!! I don't know if i really explained what happened really good but all in a nutshell is that Heavenly Father answered our prayers and I know that He will answer our investigators prayers and everyone's prayers. It's so powerful. I love it. I love being here on a mission in the China, Hong Kong!! I love and miss you all so much but until we meet again, as Paul said, "Keep the Faith." I love you all!!!!
Elder Peter McAllister
So this week is moves week. We just found out that they would split Tai Po and Tai Wo back up into two companionships. Elder Cheng moved to open a new area in Chyun Wan so I'm really going to miss him. Elder Wright is going to be covering Tai Po ward with Elder Lee and I will be covering Tai Wo with Elder Dodd. Elder Dodd came to Hong Kong with Elder Jolley. I lived with him on the island so I'm really excited to be working with him this next moves.
Other then getting ready for the baptism we've still been trying to help out our other investigators. We have one right now that has very little if no interest in the gospel. He only wants to learn English. But last night we had a really Really REALLY good lesson with him. We watched the touch of the masters hand (one of the FHE videos) in English and discussed it in English. And as we were discussing it we started taking it more into a gospel discussion. It was amazing how we all knew what and how to say everything to him. He is a very logical man and he asked me a question. He is having trouble at work and he asked me what would i do if i was in his shoes. would i quit or just endure it. I told him i don't think he would like my answer. He thought that it would be a regular logical answer like yea you should quit or just get over it. I told him that I would pray and ask our Heavenly Father for guidance. He kind of just rolled his eyes like oh yea that's what any christian would say. Then we started talking about prayer, what it really is. That it's not just something we do because everyone else is or because it's just what we're taught to do but that it really is a conversation with our Heavenly Father who loves us so much. We asked him if he's ever prayed before. He said ya. Then i asked him if he has REALLY prayed before. He said there's no way to say if he's really prayed before. And then, like as if it were heaven sent, my phone started vibrating in my pocket and i got an idea or as Elder Wright says, inspiration. I pulled the phone out of my pocket and told him that i can yell and talk into this phone all i want but it's not going to do any good. Unless I type in a number and believe that someone on the other side will answer and then I can have a conversation with that person. We can say prayers all we want, we can yell, scream, talk all we want but it's all useless, until we learn to pray, really pray and show that faith in our Heavenly Father that He will hear us and answer us. Our investigator just sat there. We asked him to pray and showed him how. IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! Elder Cheng, who has been teaching him forever, said that's the first time he's seen him pray. I LOVE THE SPIRIT!!!!!!! It's so powerful!!!! I don't know if i really explained what happened really good but all in a nutshell is that Heavenly Father answered our prayers and I know that He will answer our investigators prayers and everyone's prayers. It's so powerful. I love it. I love being here on a mission in the China, Hong Kong!! I love and miss you all so much but until we meet again, as Paul said, "Keep the Faith." I love you all!!!!
Elder Peter McAllister





No comments:
Post a Comment