Hey Family!!!! How are all of you doing? Any snow yet? Today it was 8 degrees C and 95% humidity. Hong Kong cold is different then California and WAY different then Utah cold because of the humidity. But I'm loving it!!! =) There's only eight more degrees for it to drop so it would snow but that won't happen. I heard that a long long long time ago it hailed once in Hong Kong only for a couple minutes but it's never snowed here. I asked the ZLs if we could do a mission wide fast this year for it to snow on Christmas morning over all our chapels. They said no. =( haha Anyway I hope you are all enjoying the Holidays. I wish i could be there with you. Christmas in Hong Kong is really different then from the states but us missionaries are trying to change that =) haha. This weekend we are having an activity and we are going to make Gingerbread Houses with our members and investigators. We can't use real gingerbread because it's so expensive out here but we are going to buy some biscuits or gram crackers or something. Our zone just got new sisters this week and they said that they can make some frosting so it will be way fun!!! =)
This last Sunday we had steak conference with President Prat from the 70 and the temple president and President Chan. It was way good and we got a few investigators to go to it so it was even better. It's really interesting how church to missionaries is way different then church to members. We don't go so much for ourselves but for our investigators. The other Sunday we didn't have any investigators come to church so for the second and third hour me and Elder Dodd just went finding. But when your really working your hardest and sacrificing that's when Heavenly Father will bless you. The other day me and Elder Dodd contacted a Kidd on the street named Syler. We shared a little with him and gave him our number and got his. Later that night he texted us and asked if he could see us so he could ask us questions. We saw him yesterday and we were able to share the Restoration with him. He's from another church and didn't really seem to accept all that we said but he said he wanted to see us again so we scheduled him for next week. We can't control how many people will accept our message but we can control how often we open our mouths to share the message of the Restoration. Just gotta keep going.
I love you all so much!! I hope you all have an amazing week and a MERRY CHRISTMAS next week. Just to let you know our P Day next week is on Friday because our mission Christmas party is on that Friday. So i should be emailing then but I'll also be calling the next day which is your Friday (Christmas eve) night. I love you all.
MERRY CHRISTMAS
Love Elder McAllister





No comments:
Post a Comment