HAPPY THANKS GIVING!!!!!!! How are all of you guys? How was your Thanksgiving? Today we had a service thing at Kowloon Tong chapel where we made some Happy New Year cards for people. And then after we had our Thanksgiving lunch. They had mashed potatoes, turkey, stuffing, gravy, green beans, some kind of pumpkin pie, and cranberry sauce. =) SO GOOD!! Some of the Hong Kong Elders were asking what is the cranberry sauce and why are we eating it with everything. They thought it was pretty gross. haha It's been a pretty good thanksgiving so far though. Tomorrow Tai Wo ward is going to have a Thanksgiving activity. It's pretty rare because Thanksgiving is only an American holiday but I'm totally excited for it. The Relief Society keeps asking us if we know how to cook turkey. I guess i should have paid more attention to dad and mom in years past but I just told them I have no idea so we'll see how the turkey tastes =) haha
TRISTA GOT BAPTIZED LAST SATURDAY!!!!!!!! It was so cool!! And on Sunday she was confirmed. She told me that when they put there hands on her head and gave her the Holy Ghost and gave her a Blessing that she had a feeling like a burning through her whole body. SO AWESOME!!!!! She has such an amazing Testimony! I sent some Pictures of the Baptism. Elder Lamb who originally found her and started teaching her did the baptism. I hope that you all get the pictures. Last night we asked Trista to help fellowship for a lesson with another investigator and she did amazing! It's the same investigator that i told you about last week with the cell phone analogy and prayer. Anyway he is really stubborn but Trista bore a really strong testimony. It's amazing how much the gospel has changed her for the better. She seriously is another person now and I know that the gospel can do the same for anyone. I just found out today from Elder Ward, who is serving in West Point right now, That an investigator there that i taught (Brother Wong) is going to be baptized on December 5th!!! MIRACLE!!!!! He always told us that he would be baptized but he always said maybe in a few years but I'm so excited that he changed his mind. So many missionaries have taught him and I was lucky enough to be one of them. Why is it that around Christmas time cool things just start happening?!?! haha I LOVE IT!!!!
I love you all so much!! I wish you could all be here with me but I feel all your love and support and most important my Heavenly Father's love. I'm so thankful for all of you and your examples. When you all sit around the table for Thanksgiving dinner and say what your all grateful for add this for me...I'm most grateful for my families, all of you and our heavenly family. The Gospel is true. Jesus is the Christ. God lives and loves each and everyone of us. We are his children and His one desire is that we help each other to return to him. When President Monson was asked on his birthday what the members could do for him on his birthday he simply said, "do something for someone today." How simple is it. I stand with President Monson with that. If we could just learn to love each other and help each other and quit thinking about ourselves then I can promise you that not only your lives but the lives of MANY will forever be changed and effected. We are all, as members of the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints, representatives of HIM. You have all been an amazing example for me. I love you all so much!! I hope that during Thanksgiving we can all remember the many blessings that we have and share those blessings with all those around us. I hope you all have an amazing Thanksgiving and week.
Love Elder McAllister
TRISTA GOT BAPTIZED LAST SATURDAY!!!!!!!! It was so cool!! And on Sunday she was confirmed. She told me that when they put there hands on her head and gave her the Holy Ghost and gave her a Blessing that she had a feeling like a burning through her whole body. SO AWESOME!!!!! She has such an amazing Testimony! I sent some Pictures of the Baptism. Elder Lamb who originally found her and started teaching her did the baptism. I hope that you all get the pictures. Last night we asked Trista to help fellowship for a lesson with another investigator and she did amazing! It's the same investigator that i told you about last week with the cell phone analogy and prayer. Anyway he is really stubborn but Trista bore a really strong testimony. It's amazing how much the gospel has changed her for the better. She seriously is another person now and I know that the gospel can do the same for anyone. I just found out today from Elder Ward, who is serving in West Point right now, That an investigator there that i taught (Brother Wong) is going to be baptized on December 5th!!! MIRACLE!!!!! He always told us that he would be baptized but he always said maybe in a few years but I'm so excited that he changed his mind. So many missionaries have taught him and I was lucky enough to be one of them. Why is it that around Christmas time cool things just start happening?!?! haha I LOVE IT!!!!
I love you all so much!! I wish you could all be here with me but I feel all your love and support and most important my Heavenly Father's love. I'm so thankful for all of you and your examples. When you all sit around the table for Thanksgiving dinner and say what your all grateful for add this for me...I'm most grateful for my families, all of you and our heavenly family. The Gospel is true. Jesus is the Christ. God lives and loves each and everyone of us. We are his children and His one desire is that we help each other to return to him. When President Monson was asked on his birthday what the members could do for him on his birthday he simply said, "do something for someone today." How simple is it. I stand with President Monson with that. If we could just learn to love each other and help each other and quit thinking about ourselves then I can promise you that not only your lives but the lives of MANY will forever be changed and effected. We are all, as members of the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints, representatives of HIM. You have all been an amazing example for me. I love you all so much!! I hope that during Thanksgiving we can all remember the many blessings that we have and share those blessings with all those around us. I hope you all have an amazing Thanksgiving and week.
Love Elder McAllister





No comments:
Post a Comment