Elder Peter McAllister's Missionary Blog

This blog follows Elder McAllister on his mission to Hong Kong, China. These accounts and activities are taken from his letters and e-mails to his friends and family.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Email: January 6th, 2011

Happy New Year!!!! 2011!!!! So cool =) How are all of you doing? How was your New Year? I'm loving my new area, Tai Wai. On the first our ward had a really fun activity for the New Year. We all got on two buses and then toured cool and historical parts of Hong Kong. I felt like I could be a tourist for my first time in Hong Kong. We stopped by in West Point to have lunch and I happened to run into one of my old investigators, Simon Wong, from West Point. It was way cool to see him again. The Bishop of Tai Wai is so cool. On every Monday we go over to his house for FHE with some investigators and his wife makes some really good food. Last time we had ribs and potatoes, cheese bread and some really really good cake =) Totally American style.

Right now we have a few investigators that are amazing. One of them Brother Lam is the coolest guy ever. He just got back from visiting his son (who is a member) in San Fransisco and when he got back he wanted to take the lessons. His Wife is still in San Fransisco helping with there new grandchild but will be coming back soon and I hear that she wants to take the lessons as well. YES I love FAMILIES!!! haha
Another one of our investigators, Allen, is only 10. He is going to be baptized in a few weeks. His mom is a member but his dad isn't but neither of them appose him getting baptized. We taught him plan of salvation last week and he already has the coolest testimony.
The other day we found a new investigator. He's a vegetarian. He's a really nice guy and he believes that eating meat is the worst sin you could make. He told us that Jesus Christ was a Vegetarian, Buddha was a Vegetarian, Mohamed was a Vegetarian..... and he told us that he wants all the members of the church to be Vegetarian. It's very important to him. Everything revolves around Vegetarianism. haha We didn't want to argue with him and we don't care if he's vegetarian just as long as he understands whats most important so we just started teaching him lesson one. Every single principle we taught all somehow came back to vegetarian =) haha And then after we taught the first vision the first question he asks is if this Joseph Smith was a vegetarian. haha I love being a missionary!!

Elder Dastrup is amazing! He's got so much fire and ready to work. Tai Wai is a pretty small area so we have to find in the same place every day and it gets pretty hard but we've been having some success so we're totally excited for this moves together. We're pretty sure we're going to dominate everyone =) haha
I love you guys so much and I hope you all have an amazing week.
Love, Elder McAllister
PS I KNOW THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment