Hey Family!!! How are all of you doing? This last week was so amazing!!!!!! I'm starting to get to know the ward better and our investigators. We gave two of our investigators baptismal dates, Brother Lam, and Allen. They are so amazing and humble. We've had a lot of good spiritual lessons this last week and me and Elder Dastrup are getting pretty pumped upped about this moves. Yesterday was probably one of the best days of my mission. First off on Tuesday night we weren't able to get any body scheduled for Wednesday and we would have the whole day for finding. So we decided to just go all out. We planned to walk out of the apartment on Wednesday morning just like the stripling warriors and just literally talk to everyone that we see. We set a goal to get 15 people's phone numbers, and to hand out 3 Book of Mormons. Pretty good goal since the most phone numbers i ever got in a day was 6. So Wednesday morning, yesterday morning, we woke up, did our work out, did our studies and then we hear a knock on the door and it's President and Sister Chan. They came to do a surprise apartment check and to do interviews. SSOOO glad the apartment was clean!! haha Anyway i love President and Sister Chan. We had interviews with President Chan and got a good spiritual boost. After they left we finished our studies and got ready to go out. We said a prayer telling our Heavenly Father about our goals and asked for his help to achieve them. Then we walked out the door and I wouldn't say we totally looked like the stripling warriors but I felt like one on the inside. =) We got on the MTR because we live in Mong Kok we have to take the MTR everyday to Tai Wai. We tried to talk to a couple people on the MTR but no luck. So we get to our area and have a quick lunch at our favorite restaurant. SOOO GOOOD. That pumped us up and then we headed out. Our area is pretty small so we find in the same spot almost everyday. It's this bridge that everyone walks on so there's always a lot of people. So, anyway, as the day went on we had little miracle after miracle. About when we had two hours left we decided that we needed some Hot Chocolate. It's seriously FREEZING right now here so we get hot chocolate a lot. And while we drank them we did some calls and we were able to schedule some people that we haven't been able to get a hold of in a long time. Miracle after miracle. And the end of the day is coming and we still have 2 Book of Mormons to hand out. We finally get one out on the bridge but still have the other one and no matter how hard we try no one will stop to talk to us or take the Book of Mormon. Finally it was time to go home. We had to stop by the mission home to pick up a heater for our apartment. While walking up to the mission home we see a couple mandarin missionaries. We talk to them for a second and this random guy is walking by and Elder Reber starts talking to him. He was from mainland and speaks Mandarin. The Mandarin Elders wanted to give him a Book of Mormon but they didn't have one, so we whipped out ours and gave it to him. MIRACLE. Heavenly Father was totally testing us to see if we would keep finding despite the rejection and cold and because we did we were able to be in the right spot at the right time with a Book of Mormon. So we were able to give out 3 Book of Mormons and we got 17 phone numbers. More then I ever have got in one day on my mission!!!
Totally awesome day!!!!!! haha I'm so grateful to be here. It's hard and sometimes it totally sucks but I'm learning so much and i wouldn't want to be anywhere else doing anything else. The other day we had a lesson and the investigator asked why the world sucks so much. There's so much bad stuff. and we just explained that the bad helps us apreaciate the good. If you can learn to have Joy during the hard sucky times, how much better will be the good times =) I'm so grateful for my companion Elder Dastrup. He is helping me to keep going and to push myself. He's a huge blessing to me right now.
I love you all so much and I miss you. I know that the gospel is true with all my heart and no matter how much proof that the world gives me that it's not true and I will never deny that I KNOW its true. I love the words of Joseph Smith when people tried to convince him that the first vision didn't happen, "I knew and I knew that God knew and I could not deny it." So powerful!!!!! I love you all so much! I Hope you have a good week.
Love, Elder McAllister





No comments:
Post a Comment