Hey everyone! Sorry I didn't email last Thursday. It was Chinese New Year and everything everywhere was closed. This email will be short because I'm still going to email this Thursday which is in a couple days so I'll save most of it till then. I just really quick want to tell you a story about how amazingly powerful the spirit is. So a couple weeks ago me and my amazing companion Elder Dastrup ran into these two seventeen year old kids on the street. There names are Wilson and Loong and they were what we call in Chinese Fei Jai or Punks or gangsters or however you say that in English. We asked them if they think families are important and Wilson said no. So we asked him what was most important, and probably just trying to act cool, he said money is the most important and then asked us to give him money. I told them that i am also very poor. We just quickly shared about how the gospel blesses families and then got there numbers. At the time I thought the numbers were probably fake or that they would never actually come to a lesson. So a couple days later me and my amazing companion Elder Dastrup are doing calls and we get to both of these kids numbers and kind of joked about them and how funny it would be if they actually came back. Anyway I called Wilson and he actually answered and I asked him if he remembered us and he said, yea your the poor white guy I met on the street, and we laughed about that for a second and then I asked him if we could see him the next day and he said if he had time then he would call us. Usually that means no in a polite way. So the next day comes and we didn't really expect him to call but randomly our phone rang and it was Wilson and he said that he wanted to see us so we went and met him and Loong at the MTR station and took them back to the church. We showed them around and stuff and they kind of treated it like a joke but I think mostly just to act tough or something. But we sat down with them and had a really good lesson and at the end they said that if they knew it was true they would be baptized. Totally awesome but anyway a couple days later Wilson came to church and was totally bored out of his mind. He fell asleep in every class and at the end we asked him if the next day he would like to go to Bishop Mak's for FHE. He's like, what more meetings?!?! haha We explained that FHE is a little different then church and any way he came and actually was pretty bored at that too but there was food so that part was good. So we're just thinking that there's no way this kid is going to still come back for more. But then last Saturday we called him to ask him to church and he said that he's coming and he's going to bring his friend Loong with him. They both show up and again totally bored and again fell asleep in most of the meetings. After we found out that durring the last week the young men also invited them to go to a BBQ activity that we didn't even know about. So, anyway, me and my amazing companion Elder Dastrup have been trying to figure this out. Why are they coming when they know perfectly well that they will be bored out of there minds? These kids are not the type to go to church and they aren't the most well behaved kids. They were both kicked out of high-school for reasons I don't know. Why would kids like that still be coming to something so opposite of them? We haven't really had a chance to talk to them about it yet so we still don't know. Maybe they are feeling or experiencing something they've never felt before and they like it or they're curious. I don't know but i do know that Heavenly Father loves them just as much as He loves any other of His children no matter what decisions they may have made in the past. I know that when they come to church and spend time with members they can feel that love from their Heavenly Father through the Holy Ghost. I don't know what decisions they will make from here, that's up to them but i have learned an amazing lesson. No matter who we are, where we are, what things we may have done in the past, whether we're rich or poor, tall or short, fat or skinny, loved or forsaken by others, no matter how or what our lives may be, one thing will never ever change and that is the Love from our Father in Heaven. He is constantly looking at us through loving eyes that don't see us as we see ourselves but He sees our true and great value and potential. He is constantly reaching out to us and I've seen it. On many occasions I've been blessed to be my Saviors hands in reaching out to others. Me and Elder Dastrup love these two high school drop out, punk little kids. Not because of the choices they have made in the past but because they are children, sons, of God. They have worth and value and need this Gospel just as much as anyone. I'm so tired of pride or the idea that we're better or worse then others. I wish i could constantly look at myself and others the way Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father do. I'll probably be working on that my whole life but it'll be worth it.
I guess my short email got a little long haha. I just want you all to know that I've seen the Holy Ghost touch the heart of these people and I've seen there hearts change. I know that God loves us and that he sent his son Jesus Christ to atone for us so we can one day return, with our families, to there presence. I love my mission and i wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I love all of you so much. I hope you have a good next couple of days and ill talk to you on Thursday.
Love, Elder McAllister





No comments:
Post a Comment