Family!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!! How are all of you doing? This last week has been really crazy and hard but lots of miracles =) That's how it works, when you get to a hard time in a week, a month, a year or just a hard time in life, if you show your trust in Heavenly Father by just doing the simple things that He's asked us to do and endure then you will see miracles. We never know what's going to happen in the future, we'd like to think we do and we should plan for what might happen, but Heavenly Father knows and he will prepare us as we righteously follow the guidance of the Holy Ghost. This last week a lot of plans that we originally had have fallen through, and investigators that we're progressing have slowly stopped, and some days it seems that for hours not one person will stop to talk to us. But on the flip side as me and Elder Dastrup keep going just doing what we're here to do (smiling while we're doing it) we've seen so many miracles. The other day someone canceled a lesson but because of it we were able to be somewhere else where someone needed us and were able to share the gospel with them. Yesterday two punk kids that we thought wouldn't come to a lesson or have any interest, both came and really felt the spirit. Tuesday was a really hard day for us. It started out good. We had plans for two new investigators to come for the first lesson and then we were going to teach our golden investigator brother lam. One of the new investigators canceled and Brother Lam said he was to busy that day. But the first new investigator came but it didn't turn out like we hoped. We got through the lesson pretty good but then he just started arguing with us and pulled out his Bible and a bunch of anti Mormon papers that he wrote and just started bashing on Joseph Smith and our church. We really just tried to keep calm and bear simple testimony but he just kept insulting us and our testimony. I finally just cut him off and i told him that if you gave me all the proof in the world that Joseph Smith was a fake prophet, that the Book of Mormon was false and this church is not true and put it all in front of me, None of it would shake my testimony that Heavenly Father has given me through the Holy Ghost that Joseph Smith is a true prophet of God, That this gospel is true and that the Book of Mormon is True. I know because of the effects that I've seen from it in my life and most of all because of the happiness that it's brought to my family and the love that it's helped me develop for them. Then he said something that really pissed me off, He said, Family has nothing to do with any of this. I told him that Family has EVERYTHING to do with it. With that we were done. We said a closing prayer to try to get the spirit back and we left. You might think what miracle came from that but i know that even though the testimony that I shared might not have effected him but it really effected me. I can tell you right now that bearing testimony builds testimony. I walked out of that lesson yes a little angry and mad but also with a stronger testimony of the restored gospel then I had when I walked in. I've seen so much on my mission. Evidence on both sides that the gospel is and isn't true. But even the evidence that it is true isn't as strong as the simple still small voice from the Holy Ghost that it is true. I know it is with all my heart. I love you all so much! I'm more grateful every day that i was able to be in this family. I'm so grateful that you have endlessly shared and taught me the gospel and your testimonies. I know that Heavenly Father loves us and He really wants to help us through our hard times, and celebrate with us through the good times. He is always there.
I hope you all have a really good week. I'll talk to you soon.
I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!!!!
Love,
Elder McAllister





No comments:
Post a Comment