Hey everyone. How was your last couple of days? It's weird because I just emailed you guys and not much has happened since Monday except on Tuesday we taught Wilson and Loong, The kids in my last email. We taught them the plan of salvation and Wilson had really good questions. Loong doesn't seem to have much interest right now but he'll come and listen which is good because he can feel the spirit. We also gave Wilson a baptismal date for next month!!! I really hope he gets baptized. We had a chance to ask him about what keeps bringing him back. He said that he has a good feeling and that he knows that it can help him be better. He says he doesn't think it's boring, except for sacrament meeting, and he really likes to learn the stuff in priesthood and Sunday school. He's such a cool kid.
On Wednesday we had our moves calls and I was a little worried that Dastrup would be moving but we are going to be together for another six weeks. YES!!! I love Elder Dastrup. He's really a good example for me and when he bears testimony you really can feel the spirit. Yesterday when we were finding we ran into this one christian guy on the street and told him about Joseph Smith and prophets. He told us that there were no prophets on the earth today and that the Bible says so. My first reaction was to prove to him with the bible that God will always call prophets and I'm arguing with him about authority and stuff but then Elder Dastrup just simply bears a simple testimony about the restoration and God's love for us. I'm still trying to learn to not use my own knowledge but to just bear testimony. Elder Dastrup is really good at that.
I'm really grateful that Heavenly Father sent me here where the majority of people aren't christian. It's so much easier for me to teach someone with a Buddhist or no religious background, rather then Christians. I can't imagine how much different Jon's, Richard's, Todd's and Jake's missions were. I think it would be a lot harder. I'm excited to swap mission stories with you guys when i get back. Anyway I love you all so much. I hope you have a good week this week, oh, and Elder Carrey just reminded me this week is Valentines Day so I hope you have a good one of those =) Love ya





No comments:
Post a Comment