Elder Peter McAllister's Missionary Blog

This blog follows Elder McAllister on his mission to Hong Kong, China. These accounts and activities are taken from his letters and e-mails to his friends and family.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

E-mail: Dec. 17th, 2009

This Week in West Point:

Hey Family! How are you all doing? How is Christmas going so far? I miss the snow so bad. haha. I'm loving West Point!! This last week was amazing! I can't believe how much i have in my area. The IFC building (Tallest building in hong kong, for now at least) is in my area. the thing i don't like though is that like seriously half the people here are white. I don't like white people any more. haha there just really rich and rude. there are a lot of people from mainland here too so they don't even speek cantonese so i just turn them over to my comp that speaks a little mandarin. it's deffinatly different then Ma On Shan. I love it though. our investigators and members are amazing. One of our investigators, Candy, is the most humble person i've met. We were just at a lesson last night with a recent convert and her husband apperently is an amazing cook so they invited us to there house for christmas dinner. I love this ward so much.My Companion Elder Chan is amazing. i feel bad for him though because he has to put up with my slow cantonese. he's helped me so much this last week. it was just us two living in the appartment so i've been talking straight chinese this last week. i love elder chan though. he's an amazing missionary and an amazing teacher. I don't even feel like a senior comp with him. Half the time i just follow his lead. haha the only time that i feel like a senior comp is at the end of the week and elder chan teases me because i have to do the numbers and not him. hahathis morning we moved all our stuff down the street to the new appartment. i hate moving in hong kong! haha we live with the aberdeen elders now.Well i gotta go family but i love you all so much. I'll email you next week on christmas eve. i love you all and have an amazing week.

Love Elder McAllister

No comments:

Post a Comment