Elder Peter McAllister's Missionary Blog

This blog follows Elder McAllister on his mission to Hong Kong, China. These accounts and activities are taken from his letters and e-mails to his friends and family.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Letter: recieved Dec.15th, 2009

A lot of this is stuff he has put in his e-mails, but here goes!
Hey Family!
Happy Thanksgiving! Probably with how long the mail takes it will almost be Merry Christmas!, haha. How are you guys? I just got your letter today with the memory card in it. Thank You so much for taking care of tat for me. I hope you liked them. I was looking at some of them today and it seems like forever ago that I took them. Anyway thank you for taking care of that for me. hopefully within the next few months I'll have another one for you.
I did not know that Mandi was pregnant! That's so cool. There are going to be so many many little babies crawling around by time I get home. That's cool that you are helping out with massage and all. Do you think I can reserve a 10 minute massage for when I get home? I'm definitely going to need one!
Everything here is going awesome! I'm still in Ma On Shan (written before the moves), my baby area. I'm in my 4th moves or transfers and almost in my 5th. Time flies so fast. My comp right now is Elder Wortham. He's awesome! We've been together for almost 2 moves now. We're pretty sure that I will probably be moving this next one though, but we will see.
We haven't been able to get ahold of our investigator Mike for about a week, but we've been having some success with a couple of our new investigators, Jessica and Siu Lo. Jessica is 12 years old and a little shy, but really awesome. She really likes treats so we will usually make cookies or cake or something with her. Her mom and dad are members, but went inactive before Jessica was born and just recently started coming back to church. Siu Lo is a 20 year old from mainland China. She is so awesome though. She understands everything we teach her and reads the Book of Mormon almost everyday! It's pretty different that once they took sister missionaries out of our area all our investigators turned into females. At first it was awkward, but now I think they are so much easier. They actually understand and are way more humble then most guys in Hong Kong.
Today for Thanksgiving we went with the entire mission to do service. It was so cool seeing everyone there. I totally rebuilt a fence. I'm pretty proud of myself!! After we had a Thanksgiving Luch. We had mashed potatoes, gravy, turkey, stovetop, cranberry sauce and to top it off.... Pumpkin Pie!! You can't get any of these things in Hong Kong. We were so Happy! After we played rugby. It was way fun. A lot of people here play rugby, because of the British influence. American Football doesn't exist out here. You should tell Ki if he doesn't like football he should try out for Rugby. I think he would like it.
I love and miss you guys so much. You are all amazing! Your support helps so much, seriously! I'm so excited for Ki, Kelten and Knightin to all get their calls ti the China Hong Kong Mission! Haha. Anything could happen. I'll see you all in the next life.
Love,
Elder Uncle McAlllister
He also wrote little notes to each of the kids, but I won't bore you with those!!

No comments:

Post a Comment