Elder Peter McAllister's Missionary Blog

This blog follows Elder McAllister on his mission to Hong Kong, China. These accounts and activities are taken from his letters and e-mails to his friends and family.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

E-mail: Dec 3rd, 2009

This week in Horse Saddle Mountain (Ma On Shan):


Hey Everyone! I can't Believe that it's december already!! Time seriously flies when your having fun! =) haha I wish it would slow down just a little. This next week is the last week of this moves. I find out next wednesday if and where i'll be moving. I really don't want to leave Ma On Shan. I feel like we're just now starting to have success. I know that if i move it's what God wants me to do but it'll be hard. I've been in Ma On Shan for over 5 months. any way i'll let you all know next week what happens.This week has been really good. We still haven't been able to get ahold of mike but we're trying. On sunday we had a new investigator come to church though. he said that he's busy durring the week but he would come next sunday. On Monday we met this old guy and pulled him back into the church. we told him about sacrament meeting and he asked if we sing songs. we told him yes. he said good but that his voice sounds bad when he sings. he's really cool. like around 75ish years old. He told us that he can do Coligraphy so we told him to come back and teach us. He came back the next day and taught us. it was so cool. He wrote my chinese name and it looked so tight!Yesterday we tought Bergonia with the help of Bishop Chan's wife. we tought the plan of salvation and she loved it. she said that she wants to tell her daughter about it (the anti christ one. she believes in reincarnation or however you spell it) any way at the end of the lesson she said the most humble prayer. she told Heavenly Father that she was putting her family into His hands. She's so awesome.Last night we tought Jessica the Gospel of Jesus Christ. we tried to think of a cool analogy for each principle. it was really good. one of the analogies didn't really work out. it involved a lighter and a tea bag. we ended up burning 25 tea bags without it working. haha it was funny though. i have a pretty cool burnt mark on my hand now =) haha.This morning we got up at 5 so we could go hike Lions Rock (a mountain that seperates Kowloon from Tolo Harbour) We got to see the sunrise over hong kong island and we could seriously see all of hong kong. it was awesome.Well Family i gotta go but i love and miss you all! I hope that you have an awesome week! be good and behave yourselves =)

Love Elder McAllister

No comments:

Post a Comment