Elder Peter McAllister's Missionary Blog

This blog follows Elder McAllister on his mission to Hong Kong, China. These accounts and activities are taken from his letters and e-mails to his friends and family.

Friday, July 3, 2009

E-Mail: July 1st, 2009

This Week in Ma On Shan (my area):

Oh my gosh I love Hong Kong! The people here are so freakin awesome! They're really busy and hardly ever want to talk to us (just like anywhere I guess) but they are still very nice and polite people. My ward (Ma On Shan Ward) is the best ward ever. They made me feel so comfortable and at home and I couldn't even understand what they were saying =) haha There are a couple priests that are preparing to go on a mission that help us teach. One's name is Jeffery and he's awesome. He helped us teach one of our investigators (John) about the Word of Wisdom. Jeffery really helped him understand. As you can guess, tea is a big deal here. Coffee and alcohol not as much but it's still there. Everyone drinks tea though. And everyone smokes. Anyway, I love my ward. The ward mission leader is awesome! We had a meeting with him a couple days ago and I have no idea what he said but he is just so happy. haha

The weather here right now isn't too bad. You still are constantly sweating but it's been cool for the last couple days. It's going to take some getting used to but I figure that everyone is sweating so it's no big deal. The food here is better though! My favorite thing so far is the bread store. It's nothing like an American bakery. They have all different kinds of breads, some with meat in it and oh my gosh it's so good! and cheap! Like 5 bucks (around 75 cents American).

The best part is definitely the Syu Ba! It's a mini bus. They drive like serious maniacs but it is so fun. It's like a roller coaster ride everyday =) haha I love the Poh Pkhs too! There the old grandmas that just sit around in parks and talk about nothing. haha We go and talk to them every once in a while. There really good to practice my Chinese on because they are so patient and happy. Sometimes they look like there yelling at you but it's just the way they talk here. haha Chinese people love to be loud! haha Oh and they LOVE the microphone =) haha

Oh just so you all know, if you ever send a letter please put Elder Peter McAllister on it. There are Two McAllisters in the mission so I just don't want it to get confused. Thank you all!

Elder McAllister

No comments:

Post a Comment