Oh my Gosh! I'm in Hong Kong! I can't believe it still! We arrived yesterday (Wednesday) at ten in the morning (we're about fourteen hours ahead of California I think) Yesterday was crazy. We went up to the peak which is up behind the skyline on Hong Kong Island. It was so beautiful! On the way we tried to place a Book of Mormon. I wasn't able to do it. On the way back down I tried to talk to this guy on the MTR (subway) but he just ignored me. I got to meet President and Sister Van Dam. They came to pick us up from the airport. You would not believe the heat and humidity here! It is crazy! I'm sweating so I figure it's all good. The apartment is nice. Today was move day so we just got four elders coming into the apartment. I haven't gotten to know them yet. There's six of us in the apartment. We have air conditioning in the bedroom so at least at night your not sweating like crazy.
So sorry if this is all written crazy. I'm so tired! I like waddle down the street like I'm drunk because of jet lag. haha It's actually king of funny. Everyone has told me that I'll still be tired no matter how long I've been here but I just want my mind to catch up to my time zone. haha
So about my trainer. His name is Elder Dixon. He's awesome! He's been here for about a year and a half and his Cantonese is really good. I hope I can learn a lot from him because I definitely need help with my language. He's from Las Vegas and he plays the chello (flippin awesome!) Last night he took me to a ward fireside for the leaving missionaries are I got to meet some of the ward members but I was so tired that I honestly can't remember their names. It was fun though. Today is P Day so we've been getting a couple things done and we're going to go shopping after this. Then later we're going to go "finding" and we want to teach a couple lessons to some people on the street. I'm pretty excited! =)
The church is true I know it with all my heart. I know right now I can't understand the people here but I know I can with the Lord's help. I've seen many miracles so far on my mission. Just the fact that I'm out here is a miracle. I love this gospel and I want to share it with everyone here. I know Jesus Christ is my Savior and I know He knows all of us personally. He knows all of you and He knows me and the needs that I have right now and I know that He can help me as I do this work. I love in Alma 7:11-13. He knows how to succor his people. And I love Ether 12:27. He will make me strong. I know this with all my heart and I can not fail with him besides me.
Love, Elder McAllister





No comments:
Post a Comment