This Week In The MTC:
Last Saturday we went to the TA for our teaching appointment and taught the 1st lesson again in Cantonese. We taught really good but we were really struggling on understanding our "investigator's" questions. We found out later from our teacher what he was asking so we felt pretty bad but we learned a good lesson. So this week we've been really working on listening to and understanding Cantonese. We watched Finding Faith in Christ in Cantonese and I was surprised at how much I could pick up. So hopefully this Saturday when we go to teach at the TA we can help our "investigator" a lot better than last time.
We got our FLIGHT PLANS!!!!! We're leaving next Monday the 22nd! We're all so excited and trying really hard not to catch the swine flu! haha We were talking last night and realised that this Sunday will be our last sacrament in English for a while! The following Sunday we'll be in Hong Kong!! Our flight leaves around 9pm I think and we will fly to San Francisco. And then our flight at San Francisco leave at like one in the morning. Then we will fly to Taiwan and should arrive there about 6am on the 25th (according to their time. If should still be the 24th in America) and then we leave Taiwan at 8am and arrive at Hong Kong at 10am! =) YEAH!!!!! I'm so excited!
Real quick about the RC. I tried to call Danny again yesterday but he didn't answer. I think he's still at the hospital. Anyway so I handed his teaching record on to the new Hong Kong elders that will be here for six more weeks. I really wanted to say good bye but it's all good. I know that God love him and will take care of him! I'm so excited to share the Gospel in Hong Kong!
Here's my Hong Kong Mission Home Address for those of you that don't have it:
Elder Peter McAllister
China, Hong Kong Mission
2 Cornwall Street
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Hong Kong
Last Saturday we went to the TA for our teaching appointment and taught the 1st lesson again in Cantonese. We taught really good but we were really struggling on understanding our "investigator's" questions. We found out later from our teacher what he was asking so we felt pretty bad but we learned a good lesson. So this week we've been really working on listening to and understanding Cantonese. We watched Finding Faith in Christ in Cantonese and I was surprised at how much I could pick up. So hopefully this Saturday when we go to teach at the TA we can help our "investigator" a lot better than last time.
We got our FLIGHT PLANS!!!!! We're leaving next Monday the 22nd! We're all so excited and trying really hard not to catch the swine flu! haha We were talking last night and realised that this Sunday will be our last sacrament in English for a while! The following Sunday we'll be in Hong Kong!! Our flight leaves around 9pm I think and we will fly to San Francisco. And then our flight at San Francisco leave at like one in the morning. Then we will fly to Taiwan and should arrive there about 6am on the 25th (according to their time. If should still be the 24th in America) and then we leave Taiwan at 8am and arrive at Hong Kong at 10am! =) YEAH!!!!! I'm so excited!
Real quick about the RC. I tried to call Danny again yesterday but he didn't answer. I think he's still at the hospital. Anyway so I handed his teaching record on to the new Hong Kong elders that will be here for six more weeks. I really wanted to say good bye but it's all good. I know that God love him and will take care of him! I'm so excited to share the Gospel in Hong Kong!
Here's my Hong Kong Mission Home Address for those of you that don't have it:
Elder Peter McAllister
China, Hong Kong Mission
2 Cornwall Street
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Hong Kong





No comments:
Post a Comment