This week in the MTC:
So I'm not sure if you know about the Swine Flu but it's been getting pretty bad here. It's spreading pretty fast. They didn't let a single Missionary leave to the Field this week, and they said that they probably wont next week too. And all the missionaries coming in today, they have to just say goodbye at the door and their parents can't come in. It's been pretty crazy. I'm still healthy and well though. I'm feeling blessed.
This week has been a real eye-opener for me. On Saturday we went to the TRC (where we go to practice teaching real people in our mission language) and we were not as prepared as we thought we were. Our time ran out before we could even finish and I didn't get all the Vocab that I needed to down. So starting that night Elder Plumb and I make some goals to do a lot better this week. We've got a better way to memorize the words we need to so hopefully it will be better next week. Yesterday I went to the RC and I was preparing a lesson for Danny when I had a call in. His name was Bob and he started talking to me about the Book of Mormon. He was using all these facts of how it isn't true (not really Bible bashing but just using logic instead of spirit). He was a really nice guy but just didn't understand how we can believe the things we do and he didn't want to take someones word for it. He wanted facts to back it up. The whole time he was talking to me I kept praying so that I wouldn't know what to do. Then he was done I felt that I should just testify. I didn't understand half the facts he was saying to me so I didn't say anything about it. I just told him that I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith is a real prophet and we have a prophet on earth today. I testified that I knew for myself that the Book of Mormon is true! After I testified he didn't seem to really have any comebacks like he did earlier in the conversation. I asked him if he's ever read the Book of Mormon and he said that he did. I asked him if he prayed about it and he said that he did. I asked him what he felt. He said that he didn't really feel anything. Then I committed him to pray again. I told him he doesn't and shouldn't take my word for it but that he should know for himself. I committed him to really think and ponder about it this week and then on Saturday night to kneel down and pray and ask God. I told him that God would let him know for himself. He said he would do it! I felt the spirit so strong! It was amazing. I'm going to call him back next week. Because I was talking with him so long I didn't have much time to call Danny. But I called to check up on him. He said he's been praying. Yes!!!!! He says that he feels the spirit so strong when he does and he loves it! I taught him a little bit about repentance (He's been drinking but wants to stop) and challenged him to confess his sins to God and I testified that he would feel Gods love even more if he did that and that it would take away his desire to drink or sin at all as he followed Christ. He said he would. It was a little awkward telling someone to repent but I really think it's what he needs and wants. I love the Gospel and the opportunity I have to teach it!
...it's a hard thing to help people with commitments but I think that the best thing to help them feel the spirit and then that will motivate them more then anything. I love Danny so much and it's going to be a really hard thing to say goodbye to him.
I just told Elder Plumb about the cookies and he's so excited! He says thank you! I love you so much! Give the pimp a hug for me. If you happen to go over to the Williams tell Shane I love him! I wrote him a letter but it means more coming from a person. I love you Weeze!
Love, Elder McAllister
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment