Elder Peter McAllister's Missionary Blog

This blog follows Elder McAllister on his mission to Hong Kong, China. These accounts and activities are taken from his letters and e-mails to his friends and family.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Letter May 31st, 2009

Hey Fam!
How are you all doing? I got your letter with the pictures for the youth conference, that is so awesome! I feel so cool that I have a brother and awesome sister-in-law that are amazing at drawing. Did you finish the Indian drawing yet Kristy? That was so awesome. I wish I could draw like that! Todd. it's all good if you don't get the shirt done right now, take as long as you need.
So I called Danny (my investigator) back last Tuesday and he still hasn't gone to church. I just talked with him for a while and really tried to stress to him that this is the only true church and the only one that has the correct authority. I gave him the analogy of the difference between an Ice Cream Truck and a Highway Patrol trying to pull you over and which one has the authority. He seemed to understand that. We started talking about prayer and I asked him if he prays. He sounded as ashamed and told me he didn't know how. I told him that's totally fine and I taught him how to pray and then prayed with him. He sounded all excited and I committed him to pray that night. He said he would, so I'm going to call him next Tuesday and see if he did.
It's really interesting what you said in your letter about giving ourselves over to the Lord. We just read an awesome chapter on that just the other day, Ether 6. It's about the Jaredites preparing to sail to the promised land and what they went through to get there. That chapter really applies well to life, you should read it and see what you think. Well I love you all and miss you all! I'll talk to you soon.
Love,
Elder McAllister

No comments:

Post a Comment