Elder Peter McAllister's Missionary Blog

This blog follows Elder McAllister on his mission to Hong Kong, China. These accounts and activities are taken from his letters and e-mails to his friends and family.

Friday, June 12, 2009

Letter: June 11th, 2009

Hey Weeze! =)

Hey, I just sent you an email, but just in case of some weird happenings and you get this letter before the email, Elder Plumb got your package of cookies. It's okay that you can't send any for a while. I understand that look completely! =) (He's talking about the look Jake gives me when he finds out I'm making cookies for anyone other than him) Jake is a dang good looking guy! But he is the Pimp and what do you expect? Oh man, I miss the Pimp so much! We went to the Temple today and I was thinking about the time me and the Pimp went to the temple and he told me awesome stories of when he was on his mission. And Gwen is the daughter of the two biggest pimps so of course she has that look!

I can't believe how fast she's growing up! I haven't seen the videos yet. I'm not sure if it will let me watch videos. I can see pictures though!

That's so cool about Elder Hales! We have a general authority come every Tuesday to a fireside but we don't get to actually meet them. That's so cool about what Sister Hales talked about! Satan can take 99 truths and just slip in I1 false and that's all it takes that's why it's so important to read with the Spirit. I'm really trying to learn when Satan is trying to temp me with something that would otherwise be good. I find myself thinking about old time, like let's just say the mountains. I think about how I would love to go hiking and the times I've gone hiking. Totally innocent , but not when I'm teaching and I need to concentrate on the needs of the investigator, or when I'm reading the Book of Mormon and I need to concentrate on what I'm reading. Satan will use a simple thing as hiking. But I'm starting to learn how to recognize it. This may sound weird but my testimony of Satan has grown sense coming here. But my testimony of the Priesthood and the power of it has grown as well. My teacher told me something awesome the other day. She said that I have the power to cast out devils. Which means that if I feel Satan trying to tempt me I have the power to tell him to leave and he has to! =) I tried it once and it was so awesome! I love the gospel and the priesthood!

So I'm not sure if Todd told you but he finished my shirt! I got it yesterday. He sent me some stickers of it too! I put one at the bottom of the letter. It's so awesome!

Oh my gosh! I love the MTC! The spirit is so strong and I hope that I can learn to keep that spirit with me in Hong Kong! Oh, I cant' wait to go! So I should be leaving Tuesday the 23rd, but I'm not totally sure yet but if it is then I'll be calling around 6-8pm I think. When it gets closer I'll know for sure. I can't believe you still remember that card number for a card from that long ago! I actually got a phone card but that was freakin awesome of you! I'll hold on to that number just in case though! Thanks Weeze! It's funny that you keep thinking you can call me. I keep thinking that I feel my cell phone vibrating in my pocket. =)

Well I have to go Weeze. But I freakin love you and can't wait to talk to you guys!

Love, Elder McAllister

No comments:

Post a Comment