Elder Peter McAllister's Missionary Blog

This blog follows Elder McAllister on his mission to Hong Kong, China. These accounts and activities are taken from his letters and e-mails to his friends and family.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

E-Mail Oct. 1st, 2009

This Week in Ma On Shan:

Hey Family. I just heard about Grandpa Mac. I hope everyone there is doing ok. I wish i could be there right now but i'll be there in spirit. Grandpa Mac was amazing. I'm so glad i had the chance to see him this last february and tell him that his last grandchild was going on his mission. I know that he is in an amazing place now though. and is really happy. I'm praying for all of you all. I'm so glad that we are blessed with the knoledge of the plan of salvation. my testimony has grown so much about the plan of salvation. It is true and i know that we will all see not only Grandpa Mac but Grandma Mac and Grandpa and Grandma Ki again. I love you all so much and i hope your all doing ok.
This week has been pretty eventful, On saturday we had that zone Conference and they made an announcement that made us all so happy. The Hong Kong Mission is offically getting cell phones!!!! haha up to this point only office elders, zone leaders, and AP's got cell phones but in a few months every companionship should have one. i'm way excited! on Tuesday the Sisters appartment flooded, like really flooded (about 2 inches). we helped them clean it all up. I've alwayse wanted to see a flooded house and now i got to see one =) hahaToday for PDay we hiked the Ma On Shan (Horse Saddle Mountain). the peak is called something else but it was really cool. we started out walking by this guys getto house and he's like ya just keep walking up and follow the red ribbons. so we did and it led us though spider infested trees, short bushes that you can't see your feet, and cliffs that are seriously straight up and down. haha it was just me and my comp so we were like man if we die no one would know. haha but we just kept going and all of a sudden we pop out at this peak. haha it was pretty awesome. we found a little better way down. it was so fun though.Well family i love you all and i hope you have a good week.

love elder mcallister

No comments:

Post a Comment