This Week in Ma On Shan:
Hey Family! I'm glad to here that everything went well with Grandpa's Funeral. I really wish i could have been there. I'm really glad that everyone could be there. That would have been awesome to see everyone back at the house again. I miss Camino, especially when everyone was there.This week has been pretty good. after i emailed last week we went to TST to watch fireworks for the mid autumn festival. it was pretty sweet. everyone pretty much goes crazy for mid autumn festival. i've eaten so many moon cakes! i still have like five in the fridge. hahaOn monday through tuesday we had 24 hour exchanges and i went to Tai Wo. On Tuesday we went to go do service at this investigators house. he lives way out in the middle of nowhere. we help a Poh Poh (old lady) with here garden. it was really fun. i haven't been able to do a lot of service here because in hong kong it's very hard to find service to do. but after that i really want to focus on serving people i see. teaching is very important but we are called here to serve and help these people so i really want to focus on that. So yesterday me and my comp went "service finding" and we came across a guys that was trying to lift these bags of sand up a hill. so we told him we'd help. It was so amazing that heavenly father knew that we wanted to help someone that day and he helped us know where to go to find someone. Our shirts were a little dirty and our shoes were brown the rest of the day but we didn't care. it was the first time that i came home really feeling like i did something really good. I love being a missionary. there's no other time in your life where you get to do the things like you get to do on a mission. I love it so much and i'm so greatful for amazing examples i've had in my life of missionary work. my older brothers, my Dad, and My Grandparents. i love you all.I'm so excited for general conference this weekend. here we have it a week later because of translation and stuff so you all already know what they talked about but i haven't seen it yet so i'm pretty excited!i'll talk to you all next week. i love you all.
love elder mcallister
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment