Elder Peter McAllister's Missionary Blog

This blog follows Elder McAllister on his mission to Hong Kong, China. These accounts and activities are taken from his letters and e-mails to his friends and family.

Friday, February 26, 2010

E-mail: Jan 28th, 2010

This Week in West Point:

Hey Family!! How have you guys been? This week has been really busy and crazy. we've been running back between West Point and Aberdeen alot but it's all good. I like being busy more then having no appointments. We're constantly teaching now and i love it! =) I love my new comps. we each have different personalities and qualities that contribute to teaching our investigators. Elder Lybbert can bear an amazingly strong testimony. the other day we were teaching one of our investigators that is Athiest. We were trying to get him to pray at the end of the lesson but he kept saying there's no point in praying to someone he doesn't believe excists. I was argueing with him trying to get him to pray, and then Elder Lybbert just looks him straight in the eye and just bore a simple testimony that God is our Heavenly Father, We are His Children and he loves each and every one of us and want's to talk to us. After his testimony we each just folded our arms and bowed our heads and waited to see what our investigator would do. After a couple seconds he began to pray. It is so amazing how Strong and Powerful a small and simple testimony is. I realised after that where i need to improve and work on. on a mission you'll say that same line 30 times everyday, "God is our Heavenly Father and We are his children and He love us." I slowly lost track of the true meaning of that statement but after seeing how it helped our investigator, it really streangthened my own testimony. I really want to have that testimony again and when i bare it i want to know that it is true with all my heart and not doubt even one bit. I really believe that God will send certain people and experiences at spacific times in your life to help you improve on your weaknesses. I'm so greatful for Elder Lybbert and that Experience and how it has helped me.
Elder Lau is the Joy of the the threesom. He's always smiling and so happy. I love to go out finding with him and see his energy and willingness to serve. He reminds me alot of Elder Plumb. it makes doing this work so much easier when you have someone with you that always brings a light to the group. The other day we were trying to think of a way to help one of our investgators to feel the spirit and Elder Lau sudjests we sing a hymn. I've never done that before but we tried it. we sang I Know That My Redeemer Lives. The Investigator started singing with us even though he's never even heard of the song before. our voices didn't sound the best and we were off tune most of the time but it was the words in the song that touched each of us. I love both my comps so much and i learn so much from them everyday.
I love you all so much and I miss you all. I love being here in Hong Kong and i love the people here. I know that i am supposed to be here in this time. I know that this church is true and that God IS our Heavenly Father and that he knows, loves, and wants to talk with each one of us.
I love you all and i'll talk to you next week

Love Elder McAllister

No comments:

Post a Comment