Weeze!!!
Those pictures are amazing!!! I just want to give her a big hug so bad!!! I like the one where she's all crooked in her chair! haha oh my gosh she's growing so much! I miss her and you guys too.
I think I can forgive you for loosing the letter =) haha you send me so much! I don't deserve it! Your just trying to get me to owe you some slave work for when I get home aren't you?!?!?!? =) haha well, I owe you big!
I can't believe I've been here that long either! It's gone by so fast though. An elder just asked me the other day how long I've been here and I told him six weeks and his jaw dropped! haha and I still have five to six more to go. It will go so fast though. Last Saturday we taught a full lesson in Cantonese and it was awesome! =) We're doing it again this Saturday and I'm totally excited!
I'm really sad that I can't see you guys at the airport but it's okay. I think it would be better for me. If I saw you guys again I don't know if I could say goodbye again. It was hard enough the first time. I can't wait till I can walk off the plane and see you guys there though! =)
So I did have a little hard time yesterday. At the RC and when it was time to testify and teach I froze and my mind drew a blank. Every time I called someone the same thing happened. I was feeling really discouraged but when I went back to my classroom my Teacher, Sister Bitton (who you would love), left a note in my desk. It was an excerpt from a 2002 Liahona. In it Elder Eyring says, "you are a representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. If you ever forget who you are then you could tear down faith." That's not an exact quote but it was something like that. I realised that I forgot myself and I am going to make a conscious effort everyday and throughout the day to remind myself who I am. It says it right on my name tag, "Elder McAllister, Yeh Sou Gei Duk (Jesus Christ)." I carry the name of our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ on my name tag always and I need to represent him and never forget!
Last night Brother Neunschwander (say that name three times real fast) of the Seventy came to talk to us (every Tuesday we have a devotional where a General Authority comes and talks to us. We've had: Elder Holland, Two other Seventies, Elder Ballard, and last week we had Elder Nelson). His wife talked about the very thing that I was struggling with. It was amazing!
I love you guys so much! I miss you! It's so crazy to think that you practically drive right by me when you go to work. It's weird being this close to home. But soon I'll be on the other side of the world =) haha oh hey, can you send me Kayli's address? Oh and Jon and Venisa's address too if you have them. I love you guys! Give Gwen a kiss and hug for me.
Love Elder McAllister
Those pictures are amazing!!! I just want to give her a big hug so bad!!! I like the one where she's all crooked in her chair! haha oh my gosh she's growing so much! I miss her and you guys too.
I think I can forgive you for loosing the letter =) haha you send me so much! I don't deserve it! Your just trying to get me to owe you some slave work for when I get home aren't you?!?!?!? =) haha well, I owe you big!
I can't believe I've been here that long either! It's gone by so fast though. An elder just asked me the other day how long I've been here and I told him six weeks and his jaw dropped! haha and I still have five to six more to go. It will go so fast though. Last Saturday we taught a full lesson in Cantonese and it was awesome! =) We're doing it again this Saturday and I'm totally excited!
I'm really sad that I can't see you guys at the airport but it's okay. I think it would be better for me. If I saw you guys again I don't know if I could say goodbye again. It was hard enough the first time. I can't wait till I can walk off the plane and see you guys there though! =)
So I did have a little hard time yesterday. At the RC and when it was time to testify and teach I froze and my mind drew a blank. Every time I called someone the same thing happened. I was feeling really discouraged but when I went back to my classroom my Teacher, Sister Bitton (who you would love), left a note in my desk. It was an excerpt from a 2002 Liahona. In it Elder Eyring says, "you are a representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. If you ever forget who you are then you could tear down faith." That's not an exact quote but it was something like that. I realised that I forgot myself and I am going to make a conscious effort everyday and throughout the day to remind myself who I am. It says it right on my name tag, "Elder McAllister, Yeh Sou Gei Duk (Jesus Christ)." I carry the name of our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ on my name tag always and I need to represent him and never forget!
Last night Brother Neunschwander (say that name three times real fast) of the Seventy came to talk to us (every Tuesday we have a devotional where a General Authority comes and talks to us. We've had: Elder Holland, Two other Seventies, Elder Ballard, and last week we had Elder Nelson). His wife talked about the very thing that I was struggling with. It was amazing!
I love you guys so much! I miss you! It's so crazy to think that you practically drive right by me when you go to work. It's weird being this close to home. But soon I'll be on the other side of the world =) haha oh hey, can you send me Kayli's address? Oh and Jon and Venisa's address too if you have them. I love you guys! Give Gwen a kiss and hug for me.
Love Elder McAllister





No comments:
Post a Comment