Elder Peter McAllister's Missionary Blog

This blog follows Elder McAllister on his mission to Hong Kong, China. These accounts and activities are taken from his letters and e-mails to his friends and family.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Letter: April 29th, 2009

Dear Little (in height not age :) ) Sister Weeze,

Sorry, I was just kidding about the whole "Little" thing :) Your not old. Maybe when I get home though...ha ha.

So you making Jake take over all my chores? I'm so sorry Jake! Jake is defiantly the pimp! I can't believe he's gone months without playing video games! I was pretty shocked to hear that! So, how long has it been since you played video games Weeze? It was so funny when I went over for New Years Eve and I walked in on you playing Lego Batman. That was so much fun playing with you!

Gwen does have a lot of personality! She's definitely a girl who knows what she wants! Have you guys gone deaf yet from her screams? My companion and I have contests on who's niece is cuter. But of course I know who wins! I can't believe how fast she's growing! She going to be so cute when I get home. She's making fun of Jake?!? Oh, that's funny! But horrible, but funny! :) If I was there she would have a lot more to laugh at! She is so cute!

Sorry I didn't keep you in shape when I was there! I know I'm a slacker ;) You are going to do awesome on your 5K though!

We get five gym periods a week and I'm trying to get in shape. They have a track but I can only jog about a half mile before I want to die. I'm working out though.

The language is still really intimidating but really fun to learn. Here's a short testimony in Cantonese:
That said, "I know God is our Heavenly Father. I know Jesus Christ is His son. I know Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I know He loves us in Jesus Christ's name, Amen."

Now I expect you to be able to say this when I get home in two years! :)

Well, I gotta get going. :( But I love you so much! Thank you sooo much for writing me!!! Your letters always make my days better. Tell the pimp I love him too. Talk to you later.

Love, Elder McAllister

P.S. Sorry I only did about two pages. I'm slacking, I know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment