Elder Peter McAllister's Missionary Blog

This blog follows Elder McAllister on his mission to Hong Kong, China. These accounts and activities are taken from his letters and e-mails to his friends and family.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Letter: May 24th, 2009

Dear Elderly Sister Louise, ;) Just Kidding

...Oh my gosh Weeze, talking about brain farts, we taught for the second time in Cantonese and my brain totally died! I couldn't remember anything. It actually wasn't that bad but I felt like an idiot!

Anyway, I really liked that verse too. My favorite scripture is Ether 12:27 that talks about trails and how they make you humble so that we can exercise faith and ask God for help and He will make our weaknesses a strength. I wondered how we can use the Atonement to help us with our weaknesses and Alma 36 really explains how...by keeping our thoughts on the Savior and always remembering him (like the sacrament prayer reminds us) we are using the Atonement.

That's awesome that you and Jake try to read a chapter a day together. I really wish I did that before I came here! I actually didn't read at all! I realize now how much I've missed out on. Now I read five to ten chapters a day! :) And I look forward to the time I get to read from it everyday! The scriptures are such a blessing to us that so many people don't realize, I didn't even realize. I want to challenge you and Jake to never let a day go by without reading from the scriptures. Even if it's just one verse. Will you do that? I know it will bless you! I know that it will bring you and Jake even closer together. Your marriage and family will be stronger. Since I started diligently reading from the scriptures I have seen my faith, knowledge and wiliness to obey grow. So even if you have to all Jake at work and read over the phone or wake up ten minutes earlier. Just make sure to read them.

...I told my comp that you would send him some cookies and he got all excited!

Well I need to go but tell everyone I love them! The church is true!

Love Elder McAllister

No comments:

Post a Comment