Elder Peter McAllister's Missionary Blog

This blog follows Elder McAllister on his mission to Hong Kong, China. These accounts and activities are taken from his letters and e-mails to his friends and family.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Letter's to Todd's Family!

P.S. there are probably a lot of miss-spellings, it would let me do spell check! The Mar

Elder Me, Plumb, Illum, Harper, and Sister Wong

Sister Wong was our teacher for the first 2 weeks, but then she had to leave because she graduated. She served in San Diego!

Temple

Elder Illum, Harper, Plumb, and Me!



We saw a picture like this in the hallway, so we thought we should take one!


This is what I get to read from!




Tie Exchange!!!






Back


Elder Looug, Me, Elder Auduong, Sister Simkorits, Elder Illum, Elder Harper, Elder Plumb


Front


Brother Rawl, Sister Bitton, Sister Omeal





Elder Looun, Elder Auduong, and Sister Simbouits left last week to Hong Kong. We're getting 5 new Elders this Wednesday to replace them. Sister Bitton and Sister Omeal are our teachers.



I drew this the first week I was here and I don't want to throw it out so I thought the kids would like it!!


Uncle Elder McAllister

This he sent in our first letter. He sent us in the 2nd or 3rd letter a corrected version of it, but I can't find that letter. If I do find it, I will post it then!


Family!!!

How are you guys? of course i didn't mind getting something! your package was the first thing I got in the mail. I thought you would like that.


Thank you so much for the photo album! I LOVE IT! I know what Ryder looks like now. I can't believe he'll be 2 years old when I get home.


I miss you guys so much but I know this is where I'm suppose to be. The language is hard but it is coming along. I can say a simple prayer and am working on my Gin Jing (testimony). The symbols are really hard to learn and we won't really be learning them so we use Ping Yum (Romanazation).


Anywho, I love it here. I was just saying to my companion, Elder Plumb that it seems like we've been here forever, but at the same time it's gone by so fast. It is hard to explain, but I love it!!


I'll send some pictures as soon as I get some printed.


Haha we're talking about the most beautiful Disney Princess is, in our room right now. Of course Bell is the winner. Haha anywya I love you all! I can't wait to get my shirt!


We'll it's 10:19 pm and since both of you have been on missions you know what that means! BEd Time!!! haha


I'l talk to you guys soon. Write me as much as you can. Haha

Oh, and I love my easter card! Haha

I love you Taylar! Sorry you couldn't come with me, maybe one day I'll take you to Hong Kong


I love you Ki! I give you permission to wrestle your dad while I'm gone.


I love you Kelten! Keep your older brother in check for me.


I love you Knightin! Be good for your mom and dad, their getting old! haha, except for you Kristy, haha!


I love you TJ keep working on those words. I'm trying to learn words too!


I LOVE YOU ALL! THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!!


Love Elder McAllister




Hey Family!!!


How are you guys? Sorry I haven't written you back sooner. It's been really busy the last week. We taught our first lesson completely in Cantonese yesterday! It was awesome! Anyway, I found some time to write you guys. We're watching the Joseph Smith, the Prophet of the restoration movie right now. I've already seen it 3 times before here, so I figured I could use this time to write you!


That is awesome about your house, I can't wait to see it!


Oh I almost forgot. Thank You soooo much for the chocolate!!!! That wasa so awesome of you guys! Of course they are all gone now, but while they lasted they made me and my district very happy!


So, sorry I'm writting on this small paper, but the only paper I have is the paper in my study Journal.


Well life here in the MTC is busy as usual, but it is getting maore awesome as the days go by. The Cantonese is still hard but we were able to get through the first discussion alright so I'm feeling pretty confident!


The days are flying by. It fells like I just said good-bye to you guys yesterday. I can't believe that I've been here for over half of my time here in the MTC. As each day goes by my testimony and knowledge of the scriptures grow. It is amazing how much you can learn in a month.


That is so cool about Ki and Taylar! Ki is going to love Football! Taylar is going to be awesome at Volleyball. I get to play volleyball everyday here. I love it!


I wish you guys could go to the Airport, but I guess they don't want family there anymore. It's all good though. I'm going to be so excited to get to Hong Kong!


Well, I have to go, but I love you all! THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!!


ngoi (love)

mahk Jeung Louh

(Elder McAllister)



Hey Fam!!!


I love all the drawings! The dragon was sweet. We called it Mushu (if that is how you spell it). The necklace is awesome!! I showed the other Elders and they thought it was pretty sweet! I haven't had time to do the search yet but as soon as I have a minute, I'm excited to do it!


As far as facts about Hong Kong, you pretty much got it. Kung-fu, dragons, fireworks and a whole lot of lights!!! They use chopsticks. So , I just found out the other day, Kung-fu is against the law in Hong Kong, hahaha. Their probaly all so good at it, that they can't do it. Well, Kung-fu isn't against the law using it is.


So I haven't found the "Holy Grail" yet, but the other day we had a tie exchange for the leaving district, and I got a tie that honestly looks like it was cut out of some old lady's window drapes, haha, it was so awesome. I might have to send you a picture. Oh and we figured out how to make light-sabor pictures too!! They are amazing!! I'll definately send you some pictures of that.


Yah, so as of today I've been here for 4 weeks. It's gone by so fast though! This friday is my one month mark! I've seen a whole 2 sets of missionaries come and go now, haha. I feel so old! as of right now our branch only has 7 people in it! My distrint of 4 and the older Hong Kong district of 3! We're getting 8 more english speakers today though. Next week the older Hong Kong district leaves and then the week after that we should be getting a new district of Hong Kong elders and/or sisters. The we'll be the senior district!


It was Knightin;s Birthday!? Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry I forgot! My brain is completely fried! HAPPY BIRTHDAY KNIGHTIN!!!!


To Taylar- I'm having a blast! I miss all you guys, though! I'm loving the language! This week I have to teach someone how to pray, but I can't speak any english, only cantonese!haha I love you Taylar!


To Ki- I'm liking it a Ton!! Start getting ready now because the time will go by in a blink!! Before you know it you'll be here and probably headed off to mainland China, when it's opened! I love you Ki!


To Kelten - I love you too Kelten!! bEfore you know it, I'll be home and I'll come over as much as I can and we'll play!! Keep working on those muscles!! I love you Kelten!


To TJ & KNightin - I love you guys too! don't grow up to fast! Sorry I missed your birthday Knightin!


Todd and Kristy, don't worry I didn't forget you! I love you both! I really appriciate the letters I get from you! I miss you guys so much! It is hard to think that your just a half hour away from me right now! Well I have to go, my laundry just finished. I'm off to do some personal study! I'll talk to you soon!!


I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Love

Elder Uncle Peter McAllister





Family, isn't about time......

Hey Family!!!!


I sent you a letter on Monday but then on tuesday I got a letter from you guys! So if you're wondering why you're getting two letters back to back that's why. But I'm sure you're not complaining.


I love the picture that Taylar drew! It's on my desk! I showed my fellow missionaries and they thought it was awesome!!


I love going to the temple! today is P-day so we got to go today. I wish they would let me go down to watch the kids for you guys once a week so that you and Todd could go! That's service and a good cause! haha So I'm pretty sure that I will get to go to the temple once a month in Hong Kong. I'm not totally positive on that though. That would be awesome if we could get everyone to go to the temple together! maybe we could all go tot the Hong Kong and go to the temple there! OH MY GOSH! It just hit me! I'm going to HONG KONG!!! How crazy is that! haha


I was having a really hard day yesterday. I was at the referal center ( where people call in to order stuff off the passalong cards oradd on TV and stuff like that, and we're suppose toshare a quick message of the gosplel) and I kept blanking and didn't know what to say. I started felling like I wasn't worthy and able to be here, but then last night, Dennis B Neunschwander of the seventy, came and his wife spoke and talked about the very thing that I was struggling with. I know this is where I need to be and I really appricate all the love and support you and Todd and the kids have given me! You guys are amazing! The RC is usually a really amazingexperience. I actually have an investigator there that I call every week. his name is Danny. He is awesome but has a little trouble keeping commitments. He told me the other day about when he was "saved". It was so funny and I was trying really hard not to laugh!


The training is awesome but they pack so much into one day. We will usually have 30 min. of BofM reading, 30 min. of grammer, 30 min. of preach my gospel reading, 30 min. of practicing teaching, and we do that twice a day. Then we also have personal study for an hour, comp study for 1 hour and language study for 1 hour.


The lessons are pretty much the same, I think. They are just not memorized. So if a certain principal applies more to one person then we can spend more time on that subject, but I'm pretty sure that all the lessons are the same. Sometimes, I wish it could all be just memorized, hahaha


To Taylar- I have 3 roommates. My companion Elder Plumb, Elder Harper and Elder Illum. We're all going to Hong Kong, and later today we have 4 new elders coming that will be going to Hong Kong too! I love you Taylar!


To Ki - Well theres lots of different foods here, but the best thing is the cereal There in thses big containers and you pull down this lever and eat away! You can have as much as you want! I Love You Ki!!


To Kelten - Yes I pray for you! I pray for everyone in our family! I miss you all so much! I love you Kelten!


To Knightin and TJ- DON"T FORGET ME!!!!! hahaha I love you both! Knightin be nice to your hands!


I Love You All!!

Elder McAllister








1 comment: