So I called my investigator back yesterday and he sounded drunk but I tried to give him the first lesson but he didn't' have enough time. He wants me to call back next week. I'm hoping that I'll be more prepared and ready for it. The RC is really scary but it is the closest thing to real missionary work and I'm trying to get used to talking to real investigators. Yesterday a lady called me while I was at the RC and she was completely balling! I couldn't really understand her because she was crying the whole time. She said that she just had surgery and after the surgery she found out that she also has cancer and she is in sooo much pain. She said she found a picture of Christ (a pass along card, I'm not sure how or where she found it) and on the back it said free DVD finding faith in Jesus Christ, so she called the number because she Needed Christ in her life because she's in so much pain. Her husband had died and I don't think she had any family. I said a prayer with her and told her that I cold send the missionaries over to give her a priesthood blessing. She sounded very grateful for that. I felt so bad though because I couldn't be there to help her. It really hit me hard that there are people out there that don't have the knowledge that we do. Life doesn't have as much meaning to them and it can get really hard. I truly realized why I'm here now! I'm here to bring souls unto Christ so that they can feel his amazing and real love! I've felt in here at the MTC everyday and I want everyone especially this lady that called to feel that! That's why I'm here!
haha I guess candy would be pretty sweet! I love pictures too! =) Tell Jake I love the cereal thing too!
Tell everyone I love them!
Love, Elder McAllister





No comments:
Post a Comment